• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Glitchy Lowrance Elite Ti

WTScott

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Hey team,

New install of Lowrance Elite Ti 9 inch on my FSH 210 and having some intermittent connection problems. This is my second boat with this install and no problems on first one.

The signal will get intermittent after a run on the lake or hitting bumps. Most of the time it is solved shaking the cable / connector in the back of the unit. I have reset the cable several times. Wanted to see if anyone had a simple solution before starting the troubleshooting with Lowrance.

Thanks

Billy Duncan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Does it happen while sitting still or while the boat is moving on plane?

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Do you believe it to be an intermittent power issue or are you talking about the sonar signal? Since to suspect the cable, inspect the connectors closely for evidence of bent or loose pins. You could also try a little dielectric grease at the connection to see if it compensates any for a possible issue. If sonar troubles, did you mount it in the hull or outside?

WTScott

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks for the questions. The problem usually occurs after moving and resolves by re-seating or jiggling the wires. The transducer is mounted outside the hull.

WTScott

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Also, still getting a signal but it is "glitchy"

Billy Duncan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Also, still getting a signal but it is "glitchy"
I'm gonna have to go with Seadeals on this one. Electrical problems like this are a bitch to deal with and figure out sometimes. Almost sounds like a loose pin on the HU or in the wired connector. try the dielectric grease and see if it helps. If it does, then you definitely have a loose pin or connector and its only a temporary fix. Is this a new unit?

WTScott

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Reply - yes, just installed last month.

Billy Duncan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Reply - yes, just installed last month.
If it is returnable, I would replace the entire setup with a new one. You shouldn't be chasing glitches and other electrical problems with a brand new unit. Just my 2 cents. For what we pay for those units they need to be top notch.