• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

GMC Sierra EV

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
If they can price it right and get the battery technology correct, it will be a great EV contender. I had high hopes for Lordstown Motors Endurance truck a couple years ago, but after all the lies and scandals within the management, I don’t know if it will ever take off.
www.lordstownmotors.com

Judge

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
I've got a '21 Sierra 1500 AT4 w/ 3;0L Duramax and I like it but I wouldn't pay $107K for it.

Ford's F-150 with the extended rage battery is around $85K and that is getting a little closer to what I paid for the AT4.

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I've got a '21 Sierra 1500 AT4 w/ 3;0L Duramax and I like it but I wouldn't pay $107K for it.

Ford's F-150 with the extended rage battery is around $85K and that is getting a little closer to what I paid for the AT4.
How do you like the 3.0l diesel? It was an option for our Yukon XL, but when I went and placed the order, they said GM halted orders for the 3.0l diesel as they couldn’t produce enough of them to meet the demand. I think US auto manufacturers misread the US market for small diesel engines, alot want them, but not a lot are being made. Go to Europe, almost all small diesel engines in cars and SUVs.
Alright, enough ICE talk from me on the EV post.. LOL

Judge

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
I really like the 3.0L GM Diesel. It has a ton of power and gets very good mileage. I can get 18 - 23 around town and 30's on the highway. When I tow, I primarily pull a 21' snowmobile trailer that maybe weights 4800lbs fully loaded and you hardle know its back there.

I just bought my Yamaha 275SD and I was surprised how well it pulled the boat. Between the boat and trailer I was probably over 8000lbs and it did really well. I had plenty of power and if I stayed under 60MPH, I could get 12MPG.

It just sucks that diesel is now $5.50 - $6.00 a gallon.

I had a 2018 GMC Canyon Denali with the 2.8L Duramax and that thing was amazing. I pulled the same snowmobile trailer with no problem and the mileage was off the charts. I would get 25MPG around town and the upper 30's on the highway. I could make it from Pittsburgh, PA to Cape Coral FL (1200 miles) with one fill-up (21 gallon tank).

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Looks good but 107k is tough. My full-loaded Ram stickered right above 70k and bought it for 50k new. With the reports of how crappy EV trucks are towing, I don't see one in my future at all.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I went from 6 to midnight with that one, and I'm a Ford guy.

Not ready to replace my truck with an EV solely due to towing range, but man, seems like a great vehicle. You can price a lightning up to damn near 100K, and this has some really innovative features, so 107 doesnt seem terrible (to be clear, its bonkers, but what isn't these days).

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I like the looks of the GMC much more than the Silverado. Way too expensive…. I’ll look at this in 7-10 years when my 2019 gasser is old.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length

I have AT4 as well, 5.3L that I bought a year ago. If I had known there was an HD model, I might have held out. So far no complaints.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have AT4 as well, 5.3L that I bought a year ago. If I had known there was an HD model, I might have held out. So far no complaints.
Guy at the office has a 2500 AT4. Great truck. Rides stiff and is rather large for a daily driver, but it's pretty capable and looks sharp. He has some property so he drags around a tractor and goes hunting off road a few times a year. Seems to use it for what it's built for, but mostly just drives it back and forth to work.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
$107K? Hard no.
Feature set does not matter to me at that price.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
$107 is pretty hard to swallow... that price is just for the fully optioned Denali, they will have other trim levels at more "conservative" price points. Then again my wife's '211500 AT4 (3.0L) is nicer than my '18 Denali HD in finishesand tech. Truck prices have been outrageous since the pandemic. My Denali trade-in books for what I paid for it in 2020.

I was telling my wife that I could see her AT4 with the 3.0L Duramax being a future desirable classic 50 years down the road, like a C10 today. The truck and power train is a pretty great combination. She says she really wants the new EV Sierra after seeing it. 90% of the time it would fit or needs. I'm not sure I'm ready for the price tag. 😅

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
6 digits for a domestic truck is hard to swallow. But then again prices are up all over.

My dad and I watched a dealer overview video on a 2023 Yukon XL Denali Ultimate with a sticker price of $98K. Beautiful vehicle, but that's more than I care to swallow as well.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Sold out in 24Hours!
Personally, feels very expensive electric toy that most likely will suck at towing.
If it performs as well as the Hummer EV, that tow will be crushing super cars on the Interstate. But you may be right, it may kill it's battery in 30 miles towing.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
If it performs as well as the Hummer EV, that tow will be crushing super cars on the Interstate. But you may be right, it may kill it's battery in 30 miles towing.
I am confused by this statement - I know it has a ton of power but towing on the interstate, or even non-towing on the interstate it wouldn't stand a chance against a supercar. EVs typically get smoked 60-100, the downside of having no gearing. (Taycan aside).