• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Golf Cart Build

14SX190

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That front end looks mean

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Picked up cart from shop and started having motor issues. Funny how that works. Guys said it is probably bad brushes. Got it running to get it home and tore apart the motor. Sure enough the brushes were frozen solid and the motor was disgusting. Ordered new parts and cleaned it up. I have no idea what I and doing, just watching YouTube videos and winging it. Talked to my wife and decided just to do a full AC conversion. Probably should have done this from the get go, but live and learn, now I have some parts to sell.

tempImageBAdjQf.pngtempImage9ZRYHm.pngtempImagenRZKcj.pngtempImageNDu81H.pngtempImageYoigIn.pngtempImageN1WA9U.pngtempImagec4EIAS.png

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Front seat back is all put back together. I also re-did the front seat bottom. Replaced the rotted plywood with 3/4" PVC. Used a router to trace the old piece. Didn't come out perfect because the old wood just fell apart, but good enough. Also re-painted the side handles and the steering wheel.

No idea why these are coming in sideways either.

Attachments

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I also painted the roof. Honestly it could use another coat or two but I ran out of time and haven't felt like dealing with it since. We will see how it goes, I will be buying a new one eventually so not too worried about it.

tempImagePFzhc6.pngtempImageVdJeWC.png

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Anything left to do other than wait for the body to come in?

Jim

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Anything left to do other than wait for the body to come in?

Jim
Body is in, it is at the shop getting PPF right now.

Yesterday I wired up the harness for the body kit.

Next up is getting the brushes and new bearing for the old motor. I am going to re-assemble and ensure the motor works, and if it does then sell it.

Then I need to remove the motor, solenoid, and reversing contactor. A new harness will be installed to be ready for the AC conversion. Then the new motor and controller go in. After that is all good, hopefully the body is ready and then it all goes back together. I have Thursday and Friday off so hopefully I can get almost everything wrapped up. There are smaller things I will be doing here are and there, but 90% will be done once I get the body parts on.

The AC conversion should get this thing moving to mid-high 30mph range. In a few years if I switch to 72v lithium it has potential for 50+mph.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
New motor, new controller. Body on. Very little work left. Cart hauls ass with new set up, haven’t measured it full speed yet. Had it up to 30mph and backed off.
Motor is huge, had to remove suspension to make it fit. Had to tap screws for the new controller.

33F18869-3098-4A68-8177-28D554AF7C2B.jpeg53F3DC08-2F8E-4D3E-9E20-EE4238B5C117.jpeg12F5B796-EDC6-4D91-848C-22E30D569413.jpegCA66AD3E-0FE1-457B-B460-A29412AFA435.jpegBC448B38-198F-4BB5-8CAF-D24CB5CA3B9E.jpegE4DA744E-839D-4184-85EF-CF30F97BA92F.jpeg

Attachments

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
What an awesome project! Looks fantastic, love that body kit! If you don’t mind me asking how much are you in for so far in the cart? And how much more to go? What do you think your all in cost will be? Great job!!

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I haven’t kept track, ball park all in when completed 6-6.5k

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Got the front buttoned up, the dash wired up, and roof on. Also put in a 48v to 12v reducer, the one that came with the kit burned up in seconds and so did the replacement. So went with a 30amp, which will be enough for the stereo down the road.

I soon realized the blinkers didn't "click" which annoyed me, so I wired in a diode isolated relay, using the relay activation as my "click"

I also used the same plug I have for the boat as a charging port. I need to create a cover to fill in the gaps.

Attachments

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
One of my favorite features of the Navitas is the ability to lock out the cart from my app. Minus a tow truck, it makes it basically theft proof.

And since this is a boat forum, here is she is next to the 252. Don't mind the messy yard.

Whats left:

Floormat
New Roof
Seat Belts
Side Mirrors
Sound Bar
Sill Plates
Charge Port Plate
Fuse Block + Clean up wiring

Attachments

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Nice job!

Turned out great! :winkingthumbsup"

Jim

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@adrianp89 It looks like a brand new ride.

What are those dials for on the dash?
Blue digital gage a voltmeter?
Does the rear seat "flip" to become a flat bed or does it stay "perma-seat"?

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
@adrianp89 It looks like a brand new ride.

What are those dials for on the dash?
Blue digital gage a voltmeter?
Does the rear seat "flip" to become a flat bed or does it stay "perma-seat"?
On the far left, they are for the motor. They control Speed, Acceleration and Regen. Next to that is the hazard switch, and next to that is the volt meter. I left room for any future switches I might add.

Yup it folds forward for a bench, and under that is a large storage area. I can grab a picture of that.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
On the far left, they are for the motor. They control Speed, Acceleration and Regen. Next to that is the hazard switch, and next to that is the volt meter. I left room for any future switches I might add.

Yup it folds forward for a bench, and under that is a large storage area. I can grab a picture of that.
Coolio.

Neighbors have a cart at camp that has the rear seat fold into a platform. It's a super useful/handy feature. We use it a lot when transporting trash up to the dumpster, or rounding up the pot luck dishes, and things like that.

Love the build. I don't have a camp, or really any other need for a golf cart......but kinda want one after watching this build :D

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Coolio.

Neighbors have a cart at camp that has the rear seat fold into a platform. It's a super useful/handy feature. We use it a lot when transporting trash up to the dumpster, or rounding up the pot luck dishes, and things like that.

Love the build. I don't have a camp, or really any other need for a golf cart......but kinda want one after watching this build :D
Our city/town is very golf cart friendly. I can cover a few miles of where we can travel legally. Mostly just through neighborhoods. Though there are a bunch of parks, softball fields/tennis courts/other parks to visit, as well as a bunch of restaurants and bars to get to. We live close to where they have a weekend market, as well as bunch of concerts and cook-offs, and an art-walk thing they do every 4th Saturday. They just announced plans to build a huge new city center too. If I make it in LSV I could theoretically take a trip to Lowes or Home Depot, just have to cross some busier roads.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
A lot of time and money there! But carts are holding value for sure. Yours was looking like our Yamaha gas, until you went and made it all pretty!

Nice job!

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Pics of the storage compartment.

7C3E6D9B-A7FB-4091-8312-500AE44B91C1.jpeg2E08A08B-FEE6-4825-B6FD-5F6FF4653B29.jpeg

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Custom acrylic bracket for the charge port came in.

Attachments