• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Has ANYBODY ever had freeze damage with a Yamaha jet boat?

@Seadeals had the same thing happen to him. I don't think it was freeze related. Perhaps he will add to the conversation.
My boat spent life only in North and South Carolina and has lived in a heated garage throughout my ownership. Freeze damage is possible but highly unlikely. I am 100% convinced it was a weakness in the block casting process/metal circa 2006 as the cracks always seem to follow that casting line. Once it starts, the thermal cycling and water cooling at the crack can open it up quickly. I unfortunately can’t define “quickly” in hours or cycles; but advise catching it early is a must if a repair is attempted.

Back