• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Head compartment drainage issue

blizkill8

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I don’t use the head as a head but rather as storage. Had a lot of items in there and recently cleaned it out and hosed it down without realizing there doesn’t appear to be any drain. I have read other posts already. Some people indicate the water seeps out through the seam but my won’t seep out. I already tried cleaning any crud where it would sleep, didn’t work.
How can I handle this…? Has anyone added a drain at the lowest point into the ski locker? If so, how?

I was considering drilling a hole into the ski locker but it seems like it’s plywood between the two and I wouldn’t want water seeping into plywood?

boat is 2016 Yamaha 242x E series

Attachments

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Re-reading, it sounds like you have a straight shot into the ski locker, is that correct, or not? Please confirm.

If so, definitely a thru hull fitting, if the shaft is long enough. Check out my profile or signature for my anchor locker drain fix, and it should be self-explanatory what I'm suggesting. If you can get the nut on the backside of the fitting, I would use 4200 instead, in case you ever need to remove or replace it.