• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hello from sweltering North Texas.

maoneal1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
This looks like a great site for a first time jet boat owner (to be) to learn the ropes so look forward to reading and discussing as much as I can. Have a deposit on a 2021 Yamaha SX195 which should be delivered any day now (ha!) I've had several regular prop boats and hope the learning curve to transition to a jet propulsion system won't be too tough. Fortunate to live on a lake so should be able to get in a lot of practice. Anyway, I'm ready to start browsing the forums and ask some dumb questions.:D

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome. There are no dumb questions. There is a ton of useful info here.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Glad to have you on board,

What lake will you normally be using ?

Always watch the rope when it you doing water sports (and carry a sharp knife for when you forget to watch the rope!)

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
are you buying from Phil Dill ?? always get a test drive before you take possession so the boat is performing as you expect,

maoneal1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Hi there and I will be boating on Eagle Mountain Lake where I live. Used to be in Corinth like you and frequented Lake Lewisville and Ray Roberts. Thanks for the advice and Phil Dill "requires" a lake test before purchase.

Oscarab78

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 Open ID
Boat Length
@maoneal1 Welcome to the site and Im on Eagle Mountain too!! Im wet slipped at Eagle Mountain Marina keep a look out for us at the beach and come say hi when you get out, Im the only center center console Scarab out there so far. Enjoy the new boat!!664C4F79-7919-41F5-8A6D-209CE58728E1_1_105_c.jpeg

Shuck Water

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hi there and I will be boating on Eagle Mountain Lake where I live. Used to be in Corinth like you and frequented Lake Lewisville and Ray Roberts. Thanks for the advice and Phil Dill "requires" a lake test before purchase.
Welcome!! Word of advice, do your test drive during the week and avoid the weekend. Lake Lewisville has been insane this summer.

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yep. Was very helpful in understanding the handling of the boat, trailering, etc. I can't imagine purchasing any boat new or used without a test on the water.

maoneal1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Thanks and I will. No real ETA yet on the new boat so who knows? Just drove past your marina today and looks like they are still working rebuilding everything that was torn up in that last big storm. Hope y'all weren't affected but the place looked like a bomb had gone off.:eek:

Oscarab78

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 Open ID
Boat Length
@maoneal1 I just got there in the spring this year, but it is a dream place now, they are almost done with rest of the construction soon.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome!!! Can't wait to see some pictures.

white2kstang

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome!