• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hello from Texas

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Yea we have been up that way in skis..just not the boat. I do have a Garmin GPS with a map that actually allows you to follow the river itself. Just haven't been able to convince the wife that we can trust it

boudin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well, back at it finally this weekend. With all the holiday parties and work I have not been able to get up to the lake lately to work on the boat.

I was able to install a new stainless scupper with an aluminum backing plate. I used 3M 5200 on the backing plate and around the scupper lip. The temperature dropped here in Texas to the 40s-50s, so it'll take a few days for the 5200 to cure.

I was also able to pull the cleanout plugs using my cherry picker. They came right out. I cleaned them up and then rebuilt the lower part using new Yamaha kits. I also added drilled a hole and put in pins to prevent any premature releases.

I have new pump nozzles, so I should be able to get those in today, as well as straighten out the bent reverse cable on the port motor.

Next is a new deck fitting the the top part of the scupper drain (my old one broke when removing the hose), and then I'll put the scupper hose back in (I have all the parts). I also need to do a couple of more oil changes as the oil is still a bit milky in both motors.

I'm shooting for a water test by New Years Eve.

-Greg

Attachments

Last edited:

Livewire

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Nice work! Looks like you used regular cotter pins in your clean outs. I assume they go all the way through. Looks like it might be tedious to remove once installed.

boudin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice work! Looks like you used regular cotter pins in your clean outs. I assume they go all the way through. Looks like it might be tedious to remove once installed.
Yes, I came to that conclusion once I installed the plugs. I'm thinking now of a piece of 12ga copper wire should do the trick.

-Greg

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Well, back at it finally this weekend. With all the holiday parties and work I have not been able to get up to the lake lately to work on the boat.

I was able to install a new stainless scupper with an aluminum backing plate. I used 3M 5200 on the backing plate and around the scupper lip. The temperature dropped here in Texas to the 40s-50s, so it'll take a few days for the 5200 to cure.

I was also able to pull the cleanout plugs using my cherry picker. They came right out. I cleaned them up and then rebuilt the lower part using new Yamaha kits. I also added drilled a hole and put in pins to prevent any premature releases.

I have new pump nozzles, so I should be able to get those in today, as well as straighten out the bent reverse cable on the port motor.

Next is a new deck fitting the the top part of the scupper drain (my old one broke when removing the hose), and then I'll put the scupper hose back in (I have all the parts). I also need to do a couple of more oil changes as the oil is still a bit milky in both motors.

I'm shooting for a water test by New Years Eve.

-Greg
Looks good. ..lots of work but you will have a great boat for a good price when is all done! Hope to see you on the water next summer!

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes, I came to that conclusion once I installed the plugs. I'm thinking now of a piece of 12ga copper wire should do the trick.

-Greg
Very nice work!

It’s been a while now since my last major project, I’m feeling the itch!

As far as the plugs - I would recommend going strait to Cobras EZ locks, you will never look back. With the Christmas discounts those must be like a whooping $10 or so in Jeff’s store. :)

boudin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Back on it today. Did a good cleaning and thought I would be able to put her in the water. She looks real pretty now inside. A lot of silt washed down through the boat into the bilge. I'll let that dry and then vacuum out the silt/sand.

I was able to get all the #4 square head bolts off the fuel tank deck cover, with only one that was troublesome. A few whacks with an impact driver and was able to get it out. Then was able to remove the lid, and install a new deck scupper fitting (my old one was broken). It also allowed me to power wash the top side of the fuel tank and area around it.

#4 drivers on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A8QGXAM

I had a lot of problems getting the scupper hose onto the new stainless rear scupper fitting. I tried soap, teflon spray, heat, to no avail. It's frustrating as that area is tough to reach your arm in and push on. The hose is just a little too tight for the new stainless fitting.

I'm going to order a muffler pipe expander and enlarge the scupper hose a little bit. Hopefully that will do the trick.

https://www.amazon.com/VETOMILE-Expander-Exhaust-Muffler-Spreader/dp/B0736RJZCL

-Greg

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It is tough sometimes to get the hose back on the scupper.

We had a member pull the hose out thru the open scupper hole and attach it to the valve with the scupper nut still inside the boat and then slip it all back into the boat and then apply the sealant and tighten the nut up,

boudin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It is tough sometimes to get the hose back on the scupper.

We had a member pull the hose out thru the open scupper hole and attach it to the valve with the scupper nut still inside the boat and then slip it all back into the boat and then apply the sealant and tighten the nut up,
Yes, I came to that conclusion myself. Unfortunately I used 5200 to seal up the new scupper, so I don't want remove it again. I've ordered the pipe expander--pretty sure that will do the trick.

-Greg

boudin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just a quick update... I snapped the end of the starboard steering cable when attempting to straighten it. I ordered a new one from SBT, as well as a new port reverse cable. I am an SBT dealer, so I get a pretty good discount. I think I paid $181 for the set with free shipping. I bought one of the Lowes Kobalt Pass-thru socket sets to unfasten the steering cable. (I never miss the opportunity to buy new tools--can't believe I don't have one of these sets already.)

I also went ahead and ordered a new transducer and speedometer pickup (both were damaged--I had hoped to find ones used, but could not).

Also, yesterday I attended the Houston Boat Show. We checked out the new 2018 Yamaha jet boats. As we sat in a 242 Limited E Series, my wife looked at me and said "Wow, these are really nice." Ha! I reminded her how the boat house we built last year was sized for a 26' boat.

-Greg

Last edited:

Txjetter17

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It always happens at the boat shows. We live in Galveston but we go up to trinity a lot in the summer and hang out around the island and go up the river.

boudin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Finally was able to water test and put her in the lift yesterday!

A summary:
  • New steering cables on both sides
  • New port reverse cable
  • New reverse buckets
  • New OEM depth finder transducer
  • New OEM speedometer pickup
  • New stainless scupper and new deck scupper fitting
  • 5x oil changes on each motor; 2x filter change
  • New spark plugs on each motor
  • New battery and battery cutoff
  • Rebuilt jet pump cleanout plugs with new OEM kits
  • (4) new Polk Audio DB651s speakers
  • Fixed the front anchor/swim ladder hatch hinges
  • Whole boat power wash and cleaning
Next:
  • Yamaha cover (anyone have a used one?)
  • New traction mats throughout
  • Have fun!
-Greg

Attachments

boudin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just ordered an OEM cover from partzilla.com. $546.46 w/free shipping. That's the cheapest price I could find.

MAR-210MC-TW-CH
06~11 210 SERIES W/T

-Greg

Austin1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Nice to see some fellow Livingston folks. I’ve always frequented lake Sam Rayburn but now I’m in Livingston and just bought a SX210. Any areas I should avoid on Lake Livingston? Any must see spots?

boudin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Most of the lake is flooded timber, and yes, caution in some areas. It's a big lake. I would suggest talking to a local, and also looking at a map.

I know the White Rock area well--upper Lake Livingston. If you want info about that area, let me know.

-Greg

boudin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
A few pics and video from our test run this past weekend, about 40 miles round trip. My buddy is driving, and absolutely loves the AR210. Notice tachs at 8k and speedo... pushing a little further, we were able to consistently maintain 44 mph at 8500 RPM.

-Greg

Attachments

Livewire

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I'm surprised the depth gauge is working at that speed. Great work thus far!

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice to see some fellow Livingston folks. I’ve always frequented lake Sam Rayburn but now I’m in Livingston and just bought a SX210. Any areas I should avoid on Lake Livingston? Any must see spots?
I am out there at least once a season. We have friends who have a house on an ox bow of the Trinity, so we run the Trinity to the very north side of the lake. The lake is HUGE. We usually hole up in an alcove somewhere and float. Lots of shallow 3'-ish places where you can just float and relax. Do watch for those logs, though. One bit my boat a couple of years back, which is where I learned many of my fiberglass skills...

That said, I am usually on Conroe. If you are going to be in the neighborhood, drop me a note.

boudin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Slowly making some improvements... I realized last Friday that I needed some help pulling into my boat house in moderate chop... boy was that a challenge. Way easier with the old stern drive. After some research, I just ordered a set of JBP Thrust Vectors and will put them on next weekend.

I'm not quite ready for SeaDek, so I picked-up a set of of very clean carpet from a fellow member. Thanks @jcsmith77, they look great!

-Greg