• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Help - boat nearly sank, engines flooded

satty

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Other
It looks like those two spots have been rubbing on something. Does it stay on a lift? Do you trailer quite a bit? I would think a failed hull would have sharper edges and strands of fiberglass visible and I’m not seeing it.
It stays on hydroport all year and I ride everyday. I took out for service a few weeks ago and found the massive hulls. My thought is it slowly happened over last summer piece by piece as I ride everyday. Just did not notice until I serviced. Local glass shops tell me it is a flaw and the materials is too thin. Anyone want to but it? Runs great - 220 hours. It was suggested I find a used hull but I don't have that kind of time and I am not mechanical.

satty

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Other
yeah that damage is not from any normal kind of use. there is something else going on there. some type of impact started it then it just got bigger and worse. granted nano isnt as strong a regular laminated glass but its not weak either. my ski is nano2 and its 450hp running 90mph. never had the slightest issue with it. its not like nano is some type of new thing. its been used for years. there has always been the random person that ive seen with an issue but nothing wide spread across the board.
The only place it has been is on my hydroport and in the water. I ride everyday and pull it on the "plaastic" hydroport. The plastic should fail way before the glass on the ski. If you can't ride it up on a lift designed for a ski then it is an manufacturing issue. The lift has worked for years with other skis. My guess is it is not strong enough to support the weight of the ski over a small area and when you ride up on the lift it begins to slowly crack away. If you do some research you will find similar post not associated with a collision other than riding up on the lift. It is nuts!

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
since you ride everyday i will assume your down south somewhere? what is your location. if you were up here around NJ then i would consider taking it off your hands.

satty

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Other
since you ride everyday i will assume your down south somewhere? what is your location. if you were up here around NJ then i would consider taking it off your hands.
Yes. I am in Tennessee during summer and FL in the winter

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
How big are the holes in the picture they look like 5” x 5” are there two of them ?The water alarm would have let you know there was an issues when it was much smaller . Smaller is better for repair sorry to see that issue.

satty

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Other
They are probably 4x4 but the ski never has taken on water. That is why I never noticed until taking out for service this spring. I never see the botton. Nuts!