• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Help! First time jet boat buyer

treeskier

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have a slip so it will be in the water until I can get a lift installed.
I owned a 2002 Yamaha LS2000 for 6 summers 2013-2018 the boat was 11 years old when I bought it. I kept it on a lift behind our home and the previous owner had it in a boat-tel. All of its use was salt water. This spring the LS went away to make room for a 2016 242 limited S. The day the new owner drove away with the LS he commented that it looked brand new. All we did was flush after every use and spray it off with water (we used it 4-5 times a week in season and kept it on the lift until Thanksgiving every year). At the beginning of the year the boat guy would come and detail and wax it but beyond that no special care. I wouldn't worry about the salt water one bit once you get it on the lift.

Glen

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I have a slip so it will be in the water until I can get a lift installed.
For me (2 new Yamahas for total of 8 years of trailering between Fresh (70) and salt (30)) it would be a complete "no-brainer" to go with a Yamaha, if I had fresh water access to my Yamaha on a lift, over salt water. So easy to flush, takes 5 minutes and no tools.
.02-