• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Help me decide whether to reinstall (drill) my old, original fins

Should I reinstall fins (old, originals) or go finless

• Yes, drill that new nozzle deflector and reinstall the fins

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • No, I have done both and recommend you try finless (given I only have the old, originals)

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters
When I stated that you won't get much for a used set of older fins I meant that $100 isn't much. Based on my modest hourly rate if I add up the time it would take to find, advertise, pack and ship my old fins I'd loose money on $100 sale. Given the choice I'd rather spend the time boating. Besides once thry are sold I'd no longer have the option of putting them back on at no cost. I'd rather have them and not need them than need them and not have them.

I think I have an old set around here being used as a set of book ends that also have trophy / sentimental value to me. I bought them the day after my first time out on my sx230ho, without them I'm sure I would have sold that boat before having a second day on it. I have jb weld but like selling the old fins I just don't think it's worth my time to fill the holes as they don't bother me and don't hurt performance but I'd probably fill them if I was selling the boat.

I still have my old set of fins and never thought about selling them. They are in good shape if anyone is interested.

Back