• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Help Please <Engine Communication Error>

For what its worth at lunch I took the old battery up to auto zone and had it load tested and was told it was fine

Question, I went out and was going through the switches on the dash and everything seems to work but the ballast switch. Shouldn’t that light up and make some sort of noise even out of the water??

View attachment 125247

its actually the APS.. There is a plug on it. Its circled in yellow. its on the wall to the left or right of the each engine
Again, please forgive the dumb question but is there a clip on the back of that plug or something? I tried to pull it off but didnt want to pull to hard and break something..

Last edited:
I’m at my boat now looking for answers. Here’s the plug @djetok was talking about I believe. It is directly under the throttle cables. I’m not going to undo mine, but for you, may be worth a try.

Attachments

• 5AB168A4-0C4C-4F22-BA64-F6A1ACB370D8.jpeg
    5AB168A4-0C4C-4F22-BA64-F6A1ACB370D8.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 7
  • 6D27F1D0-997B-4039-9BB5-902CBAE6AD32.jpeg
    6D27F1D0-997B-4039-9BB5-902CBAE6AD32.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 8
Also, you mentioned that your ballast switch was not working. I don’t have that switch, but here’s a pic of my dash. Each switch has a fuse with it. They are inside those blank buttons to the side of each switch. Maybe check these fuses.

Attachments

• 174D6744-C61A-43F8-9C77-16695901248A.jpeg
    174D6744-C61A-43F8-9C77-16695901248A.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 7
We were out on Saturday surfing with the kids and the ballast were fine so find it odd that the ballast light didn’t work. Will check the fuse, would be awesome if it just turned out to be something that simple. Thanks again for all the help, I’ll keep you posted.

To dark for me to go out and pull all the little fuses under the engine tonight but I did go and look at the dash. Most of the buttons have the fuse spot beside them but the ballast switch and no wake switch doesn’t

Attachments

• 8AC96F39-8406-4B35-98CE-8D803960D255.jpeg
    8AC96F39-8406-4B35-98CE-8D803960D255.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 6
Keep me posted on what you find from cleaning up those plugs. If no luck, I’ll go fiddle around on mine tomorrow. It’s all progress.

Is there a way to cycle through the gauges to see a diagnostics menu? I keep reading about people having "codes" where do they come up? Thinking of putting the boat in the water this afternoon so I can have both engines running and see if I can find a diagnosis screen. It shouldn't hurt anything as long as the pissers are working, correct?? I just called the dealer and they cant even take the boat in until the middle of August, I sure don't want to let it sit until then.

@djetok I was able to get the plugs off the APC and attempted to blow them out. How many times would you think it would take doing that until the code cleared if that was the problem?

@djetok I was able to get the plugs off the APC and attempted to blow them out. How many times would you think it would take doing that until the code cleared if that was the problem?
You should be able to do it once if that is the issue.

The codes will pop up and you have to get to the m&t function on the tach of the affected engines where you push both buttons for it to pop up

Last edited:
The codes will pop up and you have to get to the m&t function on the tach of the affected engines where you push both buttons for it to pop up
I'm going to put it in the water this afternoon so I can have the motors running and try and cycle through to see if I can find a code. The main speedo seems to have a ton of moisture in it so not sure if that has anything to do with everything. The boat is usually always covered but this week it hasn't been because I was going to change the oil and of course its poured every day

On the water now. Both pissers are working and boat seems to run fine but ballast isn’t working. Anyone know of a fuse for the ballast on a 2015 212X

I’m betting the ballast having no power is either then problem or related to it. Any ideas???

I’m betting the ballast having no power is either then problem or related to it. Any ideas???
Have checked voltage at the switch, or pump.

Not the same boat I know, but I have a 2020 242x with the connext And was getting a communication error. I found that I had 2 fuse sockets that were loose in The fuse box. You may not have the same setup but this shows that any loose connection can cause that code. I found it by moving wires until I until the beeping started or stopped. that happened when I moved the wires going to the fuse box. I took the cover off and started moving the fuses themselves and noticed two of the fuses moved easier than the rest. Tightened that up and done.
hopefully your system will beep or at least blink telling you a new code is being logged. If it does, you can use this to find it.

Not the same boat I know, but I have a 2020 242x with the connext And was getting a communication error. I found that I had 2 fuse sockets that were loose in The fuse box. You may not have the same setup but this shows that any loose connection can cause that code. I found it by moving wires until I until the beeping started or stopped. that happened when I moved the wires going to the fuse box. I took the cover off and started moving the fuses themselves and noticed two of the fuses moved easier than the rest. Tightened that up and done.
hopefully your system will beep or at least blink telling you a new code is being logged. If it does, you can use this to find it.
Are these the fuse boxes in the engine compartment?

Are these the fuse boxes in the engine compartment?

my fuse box is mounted on the wall next to the battery disconnect switches. I didn’t even know it was a fuse box until I took the cover off.

Back