• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Help Please <Engine Communication Error>

What boat do you have? Just curious since you have two engines and one battery. I just assumed that all dual engine boats had two batteries, even though one is for house. I’m learning too. Wondering if you’re actually suppose to have a second battery or would it be worth installing one.(?)
@sunbyrned .....insightful reply. My 2020 Sx195 only has one battery. I'm not very confident of using the stereo while moored. Yes, I could monitor the volts and start engine to charge battery if it indicated a rundown but that's a bit of a PITA and party downer! Sooooo - question - I have no decent knowledge of the Yamaha charging capability for a single engine model. Would the charging rectifier handle charging a second battery too? I assume I would need a new battery selector switch but that would be no big deal as long as the OEM charging system could handle the increased demand?

What boat do you have? Just curious since you have two engines and one battery. I just assumed that all dual engine boats had two batteries, even though one is for house. I’m learning too. Wondering if you’re actually suppose to have a second battery or would it be worth installing one.(?)
2015 212 X

@sunbyrned .....insightful reply. My 2020 Sx195 only has one battery. I'm not very confident of using the stereo while moored. Yes, I could monitor the volts and start engine to charge battery if it indicated a rundown but that's a bit of a PITA and party downer! Sooooo - question - I have no decent knowledge of the Yamaha charging capability for a single engine model. Would the charging rectifier handle charging a second battery too? I assume I would need a new battery selector switch but that would be no big deal as long as the OEM charging system could handle the increased demand?
Check this thread out and see if it helps. Looks like you might want to try this.

Did you have a chance to test out Julian’s suggestion? Hoping that might fix things.

Did you have a chance to test out Julian’s suggestion? Hoping that might fix things.

Just tried it but no go. Also checked the two fuses by the battery but both are ok. Are there more than these two fuses, if so do you know the location? unhooked the battery again too

Some have had luck stopping and restarting the engines 3-5 times in a row to clear errors. This is something relatively new, so may only be for newer boats...but can't hurt. Ensure the engine fully starts and is running, then stop. Post if this works as I am trying to narrow down 1) if this works, 2) what models/years it works on!

I tried this but no luck

Just tried it but no go. Also checked the two fuses by the battery but both are ok. Are there more than these two fuses, if so do you know the location? unhooked the battery again too
I would unplug the plug to the APC on the wall. Blow it out then re-attach. It is most likely a plug error. Also it takes x - times to clear the code.

@sunbyrned .....awesome. From the comments it doesn't appear that adding a second (house) battery caused any problems with the yamaha OEM charging system. I asked because when I wanted to add some accessories to my 2018 Yamaha SVHO FX Cruiser - ones that would have required a different battery set-up and Yamaha said that would damage the OEM charging system (as it could not charge the increased battery load) and void my warranty. The engine/charging system - 1.8L SVHO Supercharged I asked about for my 2018 Waverunner is the same engine as in my 2020 SX195....Hmmmmm?

@sunbyrned .....awesome. From the comments it doesn't appear that adding a second (house) battery caused any problems with the yamaha OEM charging system. I asked because when I wanted to add some accessories to my 2018 Yamaha SVHO FX Cruiser - ones that would have required a different battery set-up and Yamaha said that would damage the OEM charging system (as it could not charge the increased battery load) and void my warranty. The engine/charging system - 1.8L SVHO Supercharged I asked about for my 2018 Waverunner is the same engine as in my 2020 SX195....Hmmmmm?
IDK. My guess is that any alteration you make, you run the risk of losing the warranty, regardless if it’s an improvement or not. I would say go for it. Listening to music makes a big difference in the experience in my opinion.

I would unplug the plug to the APC on the wall. Blow it out then re-attach. It is most likely a plug error. Also it takes x - times to clear the code.
At the risk of sounding stupid, whats an APC and where would it be located at?

Also, maybe a dumb question but should I put the boat in the water and make sure all the pissers are working then maybe try to run it for a few then disconnect everything?

Also, maybe a dumb question but should I put the boat in the water and make sure all the pissers are working then maybe try to run it for a few then disconnect everything?
My personal opinion... if water is coming out while on land, then putting it in the water won’t help any. I am curious though, do you boat on saltwater or fresh?

Man, I appreciate all the help more than anyone knows. New boat owner and the wife and I are beyond freaked out right now. Its gotta be something simple (I hope).
You bet. I’m not an expert but I have some experience and I like to help and learn. At this point though, I’m out of ideas. You might be onto something regarding an additional fuse. I don’t think anyone has responded to that yet. I’m not around my boat to look around. Maybe the APC thing will work out.(?)

At the risk of sounding stupid, whats an APC and where would it be located at?
aps.png

its actually the APS.. There is a plug on it. Its circled in yellow. its on the wall to the left or right of the each engine

Back