• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Help with 2018 210 stereo upgrade

BrentM

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@4x15mph Thanks for the info. Did you find a wire harness to connect to the deck?

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@BrentM - No, I didn't look for one. I cut into the speaker wires on the opposite side of the existing harness. I have since added a second battery, a 10" JL sub, and a second JL amp to power the sub. Happy with the set up but once you get started it just keeps getting more complicated. More amps leads to more batteries, leads to more onboard chargers......

BrentM

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@BrentM - No, I didn't look for one. I cut into the speaker wires on the opposite side of the existing harness. I have since added a second battery, a 10" JL sub, and a second JL amp to power the sub. Happy with the set up but once you get started it just keeps getting more complicated. More amps leads to more batteries, leads to more onboard chargers......
I did the same but having some “noise”. Someone recommended wiring ground and power from the same harness that had the speaker wire to the amp power and ground that runs back to the battery. Is that what you did?

tgokaydin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Stock radio is an infinity PRV350 and the speakers are <garbage>. I want to keep the head unit, add an amp, and upgrade the speakers all for ~$500. I also want to be able to add a subwoofer later so I want a setup that would support that.

I have a 2018 AR210 and the battery is under the port, rear seat. It looks like there might be a piece of wood under the dash console intended for attaching an amp?? See picture.

Questions:View attachment 101791

- Would this be a decent amp option: Amazon.com: Kenwood KAC-M3004 Compact 4 Channel Digital Amplifier: Electronics
- For speakers, should I look at the Polk MM versus the DB's. Here are the MM's: Amazon.com: 4 x Polk Audio MM 6.5 inch 2-Way Car Marine Audio Boat Motorcycle Coaxial Speakers 6-1/2": Electronics

Also:
1) Does anyone have a recommendation on this year boat on the best location of the amp considering the wiring
2) Where do I route the wires on this boat? I read about routing across the fuel tank and does this involve taking off the floor/cover?
3) Will I have to cut wires and harnesses to set this up or are there some standard harness that plugs into my current head unit or speaker harnesses.
4) Any recommendations on speakers and amps that fit the bill?

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I did the same but having some “noise”. Someone recommended wiring ground and power from the same harness that had the speaker wire to the amp power and ground that runs back to the battery. Is that what you did?
Sorry - I haven't checked back in a bit; I also have a little noise so I am curious on what you did. Since I last posted, I replaced my MB Quartz amp that powered the main speakers with a JL Audio amp since the MB seemed to lose a couple of channels but I think it is just a touchy switch. Buy your first amp first :)

merrykeys

Reaction score
Boat Make
Jetcraft
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Don't look at Polk if your boat has speakers for that type of amplifier, but it's a good choice for another speaker. If you prefer Polk or DB, they certainly sound very good, but their sound can make you very keen once you buy them. If you only have two amplifiers to provide you with power, you have to pick one and choose one. You can test the speakers with music from soundcloud promotion.
If you can afford it, you need one amp as soon as you hear it. If you have the money and are talking about buying a stereo system that can sound like stereo music, you need two.

Last edited: