• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Help with dvsr loop sense wire

Kevin107

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Followed davel510 post I was able to get power from the engine power wire. The problem is with the sense wire on the dvsr. I cut the cable but there are still power on the dvsr. Both end of the cut wire has voltage. Since the switch is off. Only 1 end of the wire should have voltage right?
Im so confused right now.image.jpg

Kevin107

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm currently on the boat working on it and it's quite hard to research on my iPhone. Sorry for any inconvenience.

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Maybe dave will be around to help you @davel501

steined

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
One of the loop sides has +12V one doesn't. Use the side that DOESN'T have +12 V. (I think mine was .2V or something). If you don't have a meter, when you connect the YDIS wire to the sense loop, if you hear the fuel pump run, it is the wrong side.

I just ran into this wiring mine up. Here is my thread with a video: https://jetboaters.net/threads/moved-batteries-today.1497/#post-24625

I followed @davel501 instructions as well.

Kevin107

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The problem is both sides reads 12.5v

steined

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Have you tried it with the switches on? Mine had to be on since I was starting the boat...

Also Emerg Parallel off.

Kevin107

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've tried off, 1, 2, and 1+2. No luck. Only way to cut off the power is to disconnect the batteries.
Emergency parallel? Is that 1+2?

steined

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I am 98% sure it is the wire towards the bottom of the DVSR.

steined

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Did you add the DVSR or was it already on your boat? Did it come stock with 2 batteries? Mine has 3 switches. House, Start, Emergency Parallel, and then the DVSR. I can pull it off when I get home and send a picture.

Kevin107

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

steined

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ok so I wasn't going crazy, it looked like you had 2 feed wires going into the switch.. you do!

So the DVSR and sensing loop cut is really only used to "enable" long term-storage mode which also disables the DVSR when you are charging two batteries.

Feeding 12 V to that loop (on the bottom one on mine) ENABLES the DVSR which tasks the charging system to top off the "START" battery first, THEN the "HOUSE" battery if it sees a charge coming in.

Can you confirm the part number of the "VSR" is it 710-125A-DS (Dual sense VSR) , 710-125A (Single sense VSR), or 710-140A (Dual sense Digital VSR)?

The link you sent has the regular "VSR" in it. I don't see any reference to the loop in the VSR docs.

Here is the wiring diagram for the regular VSR: http://www.bepmarine.com/media/product/pro4c27c846d96d1.pdf

Here is the wiring diagram for the DVSR: http://www.bepmarine.com/media/product/pro507f4fb0a4096.pdf

Kevin107

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok so I wasn't going crazy, it looked like you had 2 feed wires going into the switch.. you do!

So the DVSR and sensing loop cut is really only used to "enable" long term-storage mode which also disables the DVSR when you are charging two batteries.

Feeding 12 V to that loop (on the bottom one on mine) ENABLES the DVSR which tasks the charging system to top off the "START" battery first, THEN the "HOUSE" battery if it sees a charge coming in.

Can you confirm the part number of the "VSR" is it 710-125A-DS (Dual sense VSR) , 710-125A (Single sense VSR), or 710-140A (Dual sense Digital VSR)?

The link you sent has the regular "VSR" in it. I don't see any reference to the loop in the VSR docs.

Here is the wiring diagram for the regular VSR: http://www.bepmarine.com/media/product/pro4c27c846d96d1.pdf

Here is the wiring diagram for the DVSR: http://www.bepmarine.com/media/product/pro507f4fb0a4096.pdf
Sorry I linked the wrong one

Attachments

steined

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Do you have the Orange wire hooked up to anything? If so try disconnecting it.

Kevin107

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Do you have the Orange wire hooked up to anything? If so try disconnecting it.
I tried cutting it off already. Still reading 12.5v on both ends. I'm so confused.lol

Attachments

steined

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I don't know if it matters, but that Orange wire on mine is just cut off. In the diagram it shows it can be hooked up to an LED to show the status of the DVSR (engaged or not).

The black wire needs to go to your negative bus (In my case just the House Negative terminal).

If you are saying you've already tried this, I am at a loss as well.

Kevin107

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Defective unit maybe?

davel501

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We exchanged a couple of PMs today but it matches with what is in this thread. The orange should not go to the black or the negative terminal on the battery. If both ends of the red have power then something is definitely wrong and if you do connect it then you will turn on the fuel pumps etc. There are evidently two of us that have done that now. :)

This wiring diagram looks like what you have: http://www.bepmarine.com/media/product/pro5099b15d1d3ca.pdf. I noticed that your wires are crossed while the ones on the diagram are not. I would not expect it to matter but it might. It does sound like a defective unit.

Kevin107

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It's actually not cross. One just lay on the other.
But after a frustrating day troubleshooting. I'm leaning toward a defective unit. I'll call Mep or the dealer tomorrow to see if I can get an answer. I'll update.

Skysurfer2010

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I opted not to hook that wire up at all. I didn't like the idea of tapping into a YDIS. I cut it and tucked both away. When I'm going for a longer cruise I'll just parallel the batteries so both get an equal charge while underway. And I still benefit from both batteries getting charged by my dual bank guest charger when not in use.

cozilla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I just bought this and will be hooking it up this weekend. The below picture doesnt look right. Only the black wire from the DVSR should go to the ground on the house. The other wire shouldn't be grounded.