• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Help with dvsr loop sense wire

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The bigger issue with going the disconnect route is actually remembering to reconnect. Your house battery will not receive a charge from the engines running if you forget to reconnect. Adding a switch would be a bit better but you still have to remember. I like the engine on wire method because it is automatic and human proof once properly connected.

Pullen724

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My boat was at the dealer for some warranty work and they agreed to do this mod for free while it was there. I have had the boat out 3 times since and Im not sure they did it right. Seemed like my voltage when underway was higher before but now im not getting anything over 12.5 on screen and thats starting with fully charged batteries each time.

Havent seen the light come on on the DVSR but have only been able to check while idling.

Do you think they connected to the wrong side of the loop wire?

What approximate volts should display when underway assuming both batteries are fully charged and knowing the reading being displayed on connext is my house battery.

davel501

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My boat was at the dealer for some warranty work and they agreed to do this mod for free while it was there. I have had the boat out 3 times since and Im not sure they did it right. Seemed like my voltage when underway was higher before but now im not getting anything over 12.5 on screen and thats starting with fully charged batteries each time.

Havent seen the light come on on the DVSR but have only been able to check while idling.

Do you think they connected to the wrong side of the loop wire?

What approximate volts should display when underway assuming both batteries are fully charged and knowing the reading being displayed on connext is my house battery.
If it was backwards the fuel pump would run constantly. Any chance you could post some pics of what they did? I usually see voltages around 14.1-.3 while underway but I have a 2010.

Pullen724

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Im not near it to take pictures but I did check yesterday to make sure they connected the correct side if the wire. The wierd part was when I checked the volts on the wire they spliced into the unit, it was only reading about 3 volts with ignition key on and was zero volts with key off. This tells me they connected to a keyed wire but whatever they spliced into is only putting out 3 volts.

Just spoke with BEP Marine and they advised the DVSR needs at least 8 volts to function properly.

No telling what the dealer spliced into with only 3 volts but it sounds like that is my problem.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length