• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Help with LED Lights - What To Buy?

pres2028

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Hey good people - hope you all are well! Anxiously awaiting boating season here in Maryland.

I have a 2021 252SD and want to outfit it with blue (or multicolor /changeable) LED lights for the interior, a great transom light, and some kind of controller for all of the above. I want to get the best ones on the market that will last a while.

Any tips on what to buy? I was on a few LED dealer sites and it wasn't 100% clear what I need.

Thanks for any advice!

Last edited:
If you want multi-color and lighting effects you’ll need an RGB controller and RGB LED strips or pods. If you just want blue you can get those at Wal-Mart. The 5053 SMD LED’s will be what you’re looking for if you want bright output. I put those under my swim platform seat back vents and put the slightly less bright ones in the cockpit and it was plenty bright. See this post https://jetboaters.net/threads/whole-boat-led-install.1156/post-317318

If you’re doing this yourself and want RGB personally I would buy a big roll of them off Amazon and cut them to size as you wish. That’s the cheapest way to do this. A lot of the cost in LED’s from specialty lighting websites you're paying a premium mark-up for marketing. What matters is a waterproof casing, good RGB controller and quality bright SMD LED’s.

You have a 252 with wetsound speaker. Go to creativeaudio.net and buy the led ring. Buy the rgb cable and a controller and you are done

20210610_055557.jpg

Attachments

• 20210610_054633.jpg
    20210610_054633.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 32
I love the look of these but always wondered the case use. So if I understand correctly, they shouldn't be used under way as they may interfere with nav lights. Do you just use them when docked?

Back