• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Here she is!

dockevj

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So anyway I’ve not had the time to try my new AR190 till today. It’s a dream to handle, it did put the CobraJetSteering super ultimate on before I even tried it out. From reading on here, and from the way it handled I’m sure it was the right choice. Do have a problem though. Speedo doesn’t work?? Anyone had same problem and knows the cure?
C5873FA2-03C4-49F2-A44A-A59E55D12AE3.jpegE27AC1CE-D8A6-4035-98A6-898422B9A3B1.jpeg

Maccam26

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Congrats! Enjoy the fun

Ajax

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
BDCACE3F-0E08-4901-B1E9-B865A8CB0542.jpegtry cleaning the debris out of the sensor. Little hole in front side of sensor.

dockevj

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks. I’ll give it a look

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
A 2019 still has a pitot style speedometer? Isn’t it digital on the Connext, or does a 190 not have that? If it does, then you have a paddle wheel on the bottom of the boat near the stern. Mine gets debris or sand caught in it sometimes, just spinning it manually usually cleans it out.

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Should be a paddle wheel like 2018.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
my '17 is a Paddle Wheel.

it's easy to get the wheel out of it's pivot points and jammed. Had a rock in mine a few times. Also bonked it on a bunk once in a VERY wavy retrieval. It's on the starboard side of the boat, on the bottom, near the drain plug, but on the bottom of the hull. Spin the little wheel a few times and see if it reads on the dash. If the wheel spins freely, but doesn't register, open the manhole in the rear cleanout tray and make sure it's plugged in. If plugged in, then trace that cable through to the dash and make sure it's plugged in there. Beyond that I got nothing :D

dockevj

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks to all! Yup, it’s the little spinning wheel. I really wasn’t looking for something like that as I thought connext would be more like digital. Anyway I’ve made sure it’s spinning freely and hope to be back on the water tomorrow 😀