• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hero or Zero?......"Resealed" my Jet Pump

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Havent ran it yet. I am using 5200 Black.

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Had it on the lake yesterday. Definite improvement as after I did a ribbon delete cavatation came back at full throttle. Now it is gone again. Top speed unchanged.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@2kwik4u Any special considerations when removing and replacing the intake grate?
Nope. I just unscrewed mine. Removed and set aside. Did the things. Then, threw some sealant on it, and screwed it back in. No idea if that's right, but that's what I did.

@swatski might know the official procedure.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nope. I just unscrewed mine. Removed and set aside. Did the things. Then, threw some sealant on it, and screwed it back in. No idea if that's right, but that's what I did.

@swatski might know the official procedure.
That sounds about right. Can't find it now but there is a long thread on intake grates, modified by gmtech. I tried the same, thinning them out for better water flow, but they tend to break, so now I have new unmodified intake grates installed.

Anywhere where air can be sucked into the intake tunnel from the bilge - needs sealed. When the intake grates are out, it's easier to inspect for those leak points around the intake tunnel.

--

jimbobalu

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So no through hull bolts with nuts on the inside? I read in another thread someone had this. Any threadlocker on the bolts or just sealant?

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So no through hull bolts with nuts on the inside? I read in another thread someone had this. Any threadlocker on the bolts or just sealant?
No, no nuts on the inside, that's with scarab/rotax jet boats.
I would not use thread locker.
I think I used sealant around the seams, not sure if it matters. I definitely matters inside the tunnel.

Strat

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just wanted to send out a big thank you to Swatski, et al, who suggested this "mod". I did not expect much, but took off the intake grate for the first time (I've owned my AR190 for 3 years - 2018 model), scraped off the sealant that was sticking out and added sealant where there were gaps. It wasn't pretty, but like I said, I didn't expect much. I was wrong. Immediately noticed a difference in sharp turns. It would previously feel like it was cavetating, but has virtually stopped that. Sounds a lot better too. Just seems to run smoother. Anyway...thank you! Great suggestion.