• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

high rev on tach with no thrust

Shadowrider

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I doubt this is the right area of jetboaters to post this but I am not that skilled with the site or with discussion forums, so if I get it wrong, please be tolerant. I have a 2021 AR210 twin engine with about 180 hrs, serviced as per the manual. Lately I've noticed on takeoff, ((from neutral to full speed, that the port engine will go high rev (7400 rpm or so) and then suddenly drop to 0, then rev back up and do just as it should but with no thrust. If it were any other motor, I'd assume slippage in the tranny. But this is a direct drive if I'm reading things right and the dealer said it is so. SO, to be detailed - I hit it from idle, both engines rev high as if it's going to take off and plane out, then port drops to 0 rpm and there is no thrust then it will rev high again but still no thrust....so I drop both throttles to idle, then give it power a little slower than just punching it and may have to do that 2-3 times, then it performs as it should. this doesn't happen often, but 2-3 times in last 4-5 outings, WTF? Called dealer and they of course can't tell me anything unless they look at it. It's under a 5 yr warranty, do I take it to the dealer to check it out (5-7 days before they get to look at it) or is this a common thing, or is there an owner remedy, which I really doubt. Any guidance and it this something that happens to others and I just didn't know.

Definatly cavatation. HIgh RPMs will cause the tach to reset thus the drop to zero then goes to 100% then back to where it should be. Check your cleanout ports are seated properly, check your impeller for anythign stuck, Missing sealant in the tunnal, and impeller and wear ring damage.

Live in a high sea grass area? Sounds like your sucking up some sea grass then you clear it.

Back