• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How do you think Virgin will change Bimini?

svana

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This July may (hopefully) be our first time going to Bimini. With the Virgin cruise ship already taking reservations, it looks like they’ll beat us to it. Aside from the overall infrastructure changes, what do you guys think the day to day experience will change? Dumping a couple thousand people on an island every week I don’t think won’t be able to go unnoticed. I’m just envisioning the multitude of shore excursions that may pop up like tours to Sapona, sand bars, etc. which will clutter some of those spots up, figure if we don’t beat the boat we likely won’t know what the vibe was like “before”.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Ya know, it's like, i wish the best for the island and its inhabitants and this would mean a good bit of income, but yes, it means a lot of areas may get busy or even ruined.
What you're saying is hurry up and go?

svana

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ya know, it's like, i wish the best for the island and its inhabitants and this would mean a good bit of income, but yes, it means a lot of areas may get busy or even ruined.
What you're saying is hurry up and go?
I've never been, so I can't say lol. Hoping to make it in July, but looks like they're already going so it seems that the proverbial and literal ship may have already sailed, or at least would be underway.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I've never been, so I can't say lol. Hoping to make it in July, but looks like they're already going so it seems that the proverbial and literal ship may have already sailed, or at least would be underway.
I didn't research it at all but my guess is they are going to resort world? Hopefully the people stay at the beaches more than do excursions. I mean, it means you would just go out earlier than most anyways. I think a lot of people are there for the fishing anyways.

DieselCamel

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
World Cat
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I’m not sure any of the restaurants/shops could handle any kind of volume. As supplies can be tough to find some times and service at any establishment is slowwwwwwwwww. Definitely going to change the vibe on cruise ships days.

svana

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I didn't research it at all but my guess is they are going to resort world? Hopefully the people stay at the beaches more than do excursions. I mean, it means you would just go out earlier than most anyways. I think a lot of people are there for the fishing anyways.
No idea what they’d offer. I’m not huge into fishing though so I couldn’t say.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
With all my trips to Bimini, we only spend one day on land exploring North Bimini, all the other days we are on the water all day. Now hopefully I can plan my land excursion on the day the cruise ship isn't in port otherwise that tiny island will be very crowded. One change on the water that I have experienced is a dock at Honeymoon Harbor, this is where the stingrays and nurse sharks hang out. I believe the dock is used by charter boats out of Resort World bringing more people to Honeymoon Harbor. I'm hoping the increase in visitors doesn't negatively impact the vibe of Bimini.