• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How to get your 2016+ AR192 or AR195 in a garage less than 7'

Yamadale

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Instead of wood I use my bow cover support rod is the perfect size and has straps on it to tie on to the tower so it won’t come separated. Also has a rubber boot on the bottom. Then I run the rear pole on the bow to support the cover.

Attachments

Yamadale

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Glad to help. Here's some pics I just took that may help you out. If you were to relocate the jack I think you would need to buy an entirely different jack that is made to be standalone. The stock jack is made to fit within the bow winch frame and there are not mounting holes to use large U-bolts to relocate and clamp the jack somewhere else. Maybe some holes could be drilled in the jacks plate?

View attachment 70848

At any rate here's some I lowered my jack all the way down and got this measurement...

View attachment 70846

View attachment 70847

Now if you move back to the side and take a measurement to the frame it's a few inches taller meaning it should get lower at least the difference of that amount if you mounted a jack there and all things being equal. Assuming you could modify the jack plate with holes or find another jack that retracts the same as the stock one then you may be able to make that work. I'm not sure what that would mean for moving the boat around though. Maybe nothing at all.

View attachment 70849

View attachment 70850

View attachment 70851
You can also pull the pin on your Jack and rotated back 20° it will login right there as well

eejohnson05

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Is there a way you can make the video public? Says it’s private. Thanks!

Yamadale

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
D3DFCFFC-2BB8-415C-A7D2-C1CFC957A0E0.jpeg
Get my AR 190 into my carport. Is 78 1/2 inches and I’m sure You could go down to 76 In. Without letting air out of the tires.However I don’t really recommend that as it will wear down your sidewalls on the tires.

valentinusmc

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yes it is doable. "Where there's a will there's a way, right"?! :D

Figured I would share in this forum section how to fit one of these boats into a garage that is less than 7'. My garage measures 83" at the opening but I had a 1" lip of concrete that is higher than my driveway, therefore making my actual clearance 82". If you tried a caster mod or floor jac + deflated the tires all the way + removed the tower nav light ....the boat still will not clear that opening!

So here is what you have to do:

The tower collapsed position is defined by a cable at the rear of the tower base, you can see this cable when you collapse the tower. Open up the rear seat storage, stick your head inside, look up and you will see the mounting bolts for the tower as well as a rubber washer that is sandwiched by two metal washers with a 10mm nut holding them on the threaded cable. Secure the tower in the upright position so that it relieves the tension on the cable and gives you slack to work. Now grab a pair of pliers or vise grips so you can grab the threaded cable and then remove the nut. Do the same for the other side. Now your tower can sit inside the boat below the windshield giving you the same height as an SX without a tower. Just be sure to be extra careful when lowering the tower as it will sit against the window coping and use the tilt steering wheel I the highest position to give you temporary support so you can push the boat in the garage. Be sure to use some rags or towel in between the tower and window coping to prevent scratches or marring. You will need to build a simple support to act as a brace and hold the tower off the window coping and steering wheel. I'm using a pair of heavy duty plastic car ramps instead of building a support frame.

Hope this helps someone and illustrates that it can indeed fit!

UPDATE:
I made some extensions so that I can adjust exactly how low I want the tower to sit inside the boat. I went with a long bolt than necessary as it helps when I comes time to getting your arm up in there to there into the threaded coupler. I went with all stainless hardware. The thread is 1/4-20. Use blue loctite to hold everything together once you're ready and have your desired spacing

Here is the stainless threaded coupler. Half gets threaded into the tower cable and the other half the bolt and washer assembly threads into.

Here is the setup I use for the extension. This allows you to lock on the desired position.

With the adjustment nut spacing amount shown above this allows me to get the tower very close to the steering wheel in the tilted up position which gives you the lowest possible height.

Do you have the name of the parts you used? To extend that cable? Any new fixes?

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Congrats on getting it in!

You don't have to use the extensions if you're ok with the tower resting on the steering wheel temporarily and then raise the tower off the steering wheel once you get the boat inside the garage. I did that for a brief period but it got old fast having to get inside the boat every time I put it in the garage just to get the tower off the steering wheel using a support, so that is why I made extensions to keep the tower hovering just over the steering wheel. If you don't use the extensions just don't leave the tower resting on the wheel for long as it will create an invention from the weight. Probably not good for th I e steering assembly either. I know it sucks getting in the compartment to work on installing the extension but once you do it you'll never have to deal with the tower or climbing in the boat inside the garage again. Worth the effort IMHO!
Do you have the name of the parts you used? To extend that cable? Any new fixes?
great thinking - going to use your method as well. Any way you can grant access to the YouTube video? Thanks

cpthook

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Instead of wood I use my bow cover support rod is the perfect size and has straps on it to tie on to the tower so it won’t come separated. Also has a rubber boot on the bottom. Then I run the rear pole on the bow to support the cover.
Awesome tip!!! I had a long box there before for support, while in my garage collecting dust were these perfectly sized cover poles unused in the box.

Also, BTW...thanks to the OP for posting this guidance on how to remove the tower support bolts allowing me to get this boat in my garage. Had it baking in the sun for 3 months before I gave it a whirl. However, I wont be crawling my ass back in those spaces to install anything else. I'll use the poles for support.

Thanks a million!!!!!!

IMG_0291.jpgIMG_0295.jpgIMG_0293.jpg

Last edited:

Cade Funderburk

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Has anyone tried this with a 2020 AR 195 to fit in a garage 7ft opening? I am moving from the SC low country to Jacksonville area and their garages are only 7 ft standard instead of 8.

I see the 2020 has stops at the hinge and looks like it won’t lower any more after releasing the cable.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@cpthook Can you put your tower back up once in the garage? Looks like you're REALLY close to having enough space in there. It's what I do, and it makes cleaning/working on the boat so much easier to have the tower up.

20180526_165721.jpg

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Has anyone tried this with a 2020 AR 195 to fit in a garage 7ft opening? I am moving from the SC low country to Jacksonville area and their garages are only 7 ft standard instead of 8.

I see the 2020 has stops at the hinge and looks like it won’t lower any more after releasing the cable.
Do you have a picture of these stops you’re referring to?

Cade Funderburk

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We solved our problem by going ahead and building a house with an 8 ft standard garage opening..... 7ft is ridiculous and should not be standard anywhere. However here is a picture of what seems like it would stop my tower from lower more.

Attachments

Ozark

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
@haknslash Great write up. Just completed this on my 2021 195S. For anyone with a 195S I recommend first trying to adjust the factory nuts before lengthening the cables. I was able to drop my tower down as far as the windshield would allow by backing off the factory nuts.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@haknslash Great write up. Just completed this on my 2021 195S. For anyone with a 195S I recommend first trying to adjust the factory nuts before lengthening the cables. I was able to drop my tower down as far as the windshield would allow by backing off the factory nuts.
Glad it helped. Yes at some point Yamaha I think realized my mod since they lurk here lol and lengthened their cables so you had more adjustment to lower it further than say the 2019 and earlier models. I want to say they started doing it in 2020 models but could be mistaken.

CaTiRo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was also able to lower the washer by lowering the factory nut on my 2019 AR190 which allowed me to pull into my garage. Maybe Yamaha updated this when they changed the body in 2019.

turdSAMMICH

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
hey guys, i've extended the cables to about 2mm clearance to port side frame. and still need to let air out of tires to get boat in my garage. im wondering if my tower is slightly misshaped. can anyone check their tower if it hits port side frame first? i failed to take pictures of starboard side but can in the morning. i think the wheel is all the way up and tower is still 4.5 inches away...tower is 33 1/4 off the deck and is as low as i can get it 2021 195s

20210708_182516.jpg20210708_182333.jpg20210708_182437.jpg

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
hey guys, i've extended the cables to about 2mm clearance to port side frame. and still need to let air out of tires to get boat in my garage. im wondering if my tower is slightly misshaped. can anyone check their tower if it hits port side frame first? i failed to take pictures of starboard side but can in the morning. i think the wheel is all the way up and tower is still 4.5 inches away...tower is 33 1/4 off the deck and is as low as i can get it 2021 195s

View attachment 156437View attachment 156438View attachment 156439
Alright I gotta say it, if you going to talk in mm, where is the mm tape measure? On a serious note are you saying it’s hitting you window frame? On a 2017 AR195 it rubbed the window frame just a bit, not too the point I was worried about an issue. I just put a cloth there to prevent any scratches.

Last edited:

turdSAMMICH

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Alright I gotta say it, if you going to talk in mm, where is the mm tape measure? On a serious note are you saying it’s hitting you window frame? On a 2017 AR195 it rubbed the window frame just a bit, not too the point I was worried about an issue. I just put a cloth there to prevent any scratches.
2mm = 5/64 inch
i adjusted the cables as low as i felt comfortable. however it seems everyone else is able to almost touch the steering wheel and im about 4 1/2 inches away...im mostly concerned with the tower not being built to spec/ fitting inside the frame as it should. i can make everything work just need to let air out the tires and it seems like i shouldnt have to do that according to everyone elses results in adjusting the cables

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
2mm = 5/64 inch
i adjusted the cables as low as i felt comfortable. however it seems everyone else is able to almost touch the steering wheel and im about 4 1/2 inches away...im mostly concerned with the tower not being built to spec/ fitting inside the frame as it should. i can make everything work just need to let air out the tires and it seems like i shouldnt have to do that according to everyone elses results in adjusting the cables
If I’m not mistaken the 195S has a plate on the bottom of the tower making it higher than the AR190’s and the AR195’s. Is it possible that the S has the same length cables but they go farther up so they are actually shorter, does this make sense? Either way you should still be able to add an extension correct? Hopefully someone else with a 195S can chime in.

turdSAMMICH

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
If I’m not mistaken the 195S has a plate on the bottom of the tower making it higher than the AR190’s and the AR195’s. Is it possible that the S has the same length cables but they go farther up so they are actually shorter, does this make sense? Either way you should still be able to add an extension correct? Hopefully someone else with a 195S can chime in.
That seems fine. If I were to remove cables completely I would be in the same position just resting on the window frame for support

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
2mm = 5/64 inch
I removed the stops from mine completely. Tower sits on the steering wheel and touches/displaces the port window slightly. I put a microfiber towel in there to keep scratches away. Works just long enough to get in the garage where I raise it back up.

Just saw your last post. The window will flex out of the way and the tower will rest on the steering wheel. I keep my wheel about 1/2 way through the adjustment range.

In MO at the inlaws I'll take some pics when I get home Monday.