• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How to get your 2016+ AR192 or AR195 in a garage less than 7'

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Mine definitely drops lower than yours and does not contact the window at all. 2018 195, seems like the S model tower may be a bit different

Attachments

turdSAMMICH

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I removed the stops from mine completely. Tower sits on the steering wheel and touches/displaces the port window slightly. I put a microfiber towel in there to keep scratches away. Works just long enough to get in the garage where I raise it back up.

Just saw your last post. The window will flex out of the way and the tower will rest on the steering wheel. I keep my wheel about 1/2 way through the adjustment range.

In MO at the inlaws I'll take some pics when I get home Monday.
Thanks I hadn't seen that info yet

turdSAMMICH

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Mine definitely drops lower than yours and does not contact the window at all. 2018 195, seems like the S model tower may be a bit different
I think they use the same hull mold on all the 19 foot sx and ar...maybe the glass install is slanted more on ours or the tower may be installed slightly different.

I have about 1 inch of space from starboard side window frame

CaTiRo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think Ozark did this on a 195s. Maybe he will chime in. All I had to do was lower the nut and washer on my 2019 Ar190 and it clears my garage door. Of course, it seems that 7ft garages vary in height. Did you measure the garage opening?

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
Going to be doing this soon. Deflating and inflating the tires (25lbs in & out) is a pain and it isn't good for the sidewalls.

turdSAMMICH

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Going to be doing this soon. Deflating and inflating the tires (25lbs in & out) is a pain and it isn't good for the sidewalls.
Let me know how well your tower fits inside the window frame. You shouldn't need to add the bolts like in the original post. At least I had/have more threads so I can lower the tower more

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
Let me know how well your tower fits inside the window frame. You shouldn't need to add the bolts like in the original post. At least I had/have more threads so I can lower the tower more
That's my only concern. My tower seems to ne slightly out of align and the isn't much room between the tower and port side window now.

IronJoe

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
OK I need help here guys... I need to lower the tower on my 2022 195S. I can see the threaded cable and I have another 1in I can use. Sometime 1in is all you need ;-)

How on earth do you get in there? I could maybe get to the right side but no way I can even reach the left. Never mind unscrewing a bolt at the end of a hanging cable.

So what am I missing?!

Ozark

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
OK I need help here guys... I need to lower the tower on my 2022 195S. I can see the threaded cable and I have another 1in I can use. Sometime 1in is all you need ;-)

How on earth do you get in there? I could maybe get to the right side but no way I can even reach the left. Never mind unscrewing a bolt at the end of a hanging cable.

So what am I missing?!
You’ll need to acquire a child for the job

IronJoe

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
You’ll need to acquire a child for the job
Yeah, no kidding. I came out with a scratched arm after messing on the starboard side, and I can't even reach port side at all.

So Yamaha hire children for the assembly line in TN?!?! ;-)

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Yeah, no kidding. I came out with a scratched arm after messing on the starboard side, and I can't even reach port side at all.

So Yamaha hire children for the assembly line in TN?!?! ;-)
I had my step son do it, he is 6 foot but really skinny he could get all the the way down in both sides to reach. Didn't look comfortable, I definitely couldn't do it

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

So what am I missing?!
I can’t speak for the newer redesigned boats but it’s a tight fit to get in there. I had to start from my back and go in upside down. Thought I was going to be stuck in there lol. It’s not fun but worth it if you need the lower the tower to clear a garage.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

So what am I missing?!
I'm 6'2" tall and ~225lbs heavy. I fit in there like this. This is me investigating tower mounting points, and bilge pump outlet connection on the starboard side of my '17 AR190.

1631195067814.png

Take a pillow with you to hold your head/shoulders up, and have a friend handy to help you wiggle the dammit back out of there. Had to go in on my back, head first. Have a fan nearby as well if you can. It's hot in there.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Also......Small child labor, if available and coachable, is easier :D

1631195608443.png

IronJoe

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I'm 6'2" tall and ~225lbs heavy. I fit in there like this. This is me investigating tower mounting points, and bilge pump outlet connection on the starboard side of my '17 AR190.

View attachment 162949

Take a pillow with you to hold your head/shoulders up, and have a friend handy to help you wiggle the dammit back out of there. Had to go in on my back, head first. Have a fan nearby as well if you can. It's hot in there.
Wow that’s impressive. I made it there myself, with the wrong tools, and got stuck. Had to wait 10 minutes for my wife to come help me, and I’m not that big lol

Assuming I can get starboard done, how did you fit in port side? I have a 195S with a short bench and a captain chair

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow that’s impressive. I made it there myself, with the wrong tools, and got stuck. Had to wait 10 minutes for my wife to come help me, and I’m not that big lol

Assuming I can get starboard done, how did you fit in port side? I have a 195S with a short bench and a captain chair
I got in both sides the same way. My '17 AR190 has the some opening on both sides.

Tiff

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We couldn’t fit our 2022 AR190 in our garage that is 82” high. The dealer did not have any solutions. We had to let air out of the tires and drop it to about 20 PSI to get in and out. Thankfully we finally took our friend’s advise and switched out the trailer tires.

Our 2022 shorland’r trailer model YAB30 came with:

Original tires: Eco Trail ST - ST215/ 75D14-
tread plies 4 nylon, sidewall plies 2 nylon, max load single 1870 lbs, max load dual 1650, load range C

We switched the original tires for these and everything has been working out perfect without having to mess with the garage header or tower:

ST205/65R14 LR D ( 8 Ply) WVS690 VISION MARINE HAULER Trailer Tire
Tire Size: ST205/65R14
  • Tire Brand: VIS Marine Heavy Hauler Tire
  • Overall Diameter (inches): 24.4
  • Section Width (inches): 8.1
  • Capacity (lb): 1820
  • PSI: 80
  • Load Range: D (8 ply)
  • Speed Rating (MPH): 81

Hope this helps anyone who is going through the stress like we did. They were under $300 for the set at Discount Tire who special ordered them from the manufacturer.