• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How to replace Reverse Gate cable

FLJetBoater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Haha just figured it out and deleted my post before seeing your response. You are right the white clip goes on that little cutout part and not sure what I was doing wrong at first. Thank you!
All good! Have fun! I also just confirmed the washer goes on the rear side of the white clip from a pic earlier in this thread.

cjnapier

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just realized my issue was trying to put the metal washer on outside the rubber boot… which would mean the nut compresses the boot into the rubber plug and it would have been very tight and no place for the white clip. So remove the rubber boot, slide on the rubber plug, then white clip, then metal washer, then put the boot back on then the white screw nut.

FLJetBoater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Just realized my issue was trying to put the metal washer on outside the rubber boot… which would mean the nut compresses the boot into the rubber plug and it would have been very tight and no place for the white clip. So remove the rubber boot, slide on the rubber plug, then white clip, then metal washer, then put the boot back on then the white screw nut.
Yes that sounds exactly right.

I put this in my post. But you're correct that the rubber plug goes before the clip and washer. I'll update my post with that.

"You'll need to remove the rubber boots on the cable in order to get the rubber gasket on." :) I guess I really meant plug

cjnapier

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The shifters are like butter now! Crazy difference. After doing the scupper this was a breeze and I had previously tried to oil the cables since the boat was already docked on our lake… which honestly took just as long as replacing the cables. Took about 1.5 hours. I didn’t have to attach and pull the cables through but mine is an 04 AR230. It was easy to push to the console and to the transom from the seat compartment. Used the 17’ cables from Overton’s and they also had a deal on stabil marine to get me to the free shipping minimum.

peezybro

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
For anyone with an FSH 210, specifically a 2018, I removed the cable and it measured 13'. I ordered it and waiting to install.

OEM: F4A-U149C-00-00
SeaStar: CCX63313