• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hydro-Teak or Seadek Group Buy

TechRider

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Any interest in a Hydro-Teak or Seadek group buy?

I am thinking of doing the whole boat. Anyone else considering doing the same before the season starts?

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I am VERY interested in the gray hydro-teak. I spoke with Will on this recently and he had me sold....He needs to call my wife !!
Its between this or Vectors for priority......

dan144k

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Which color would go good on a red 2010 AR240?

Lextacy03

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This could not come at a worst time for me. I have been drooling over the teak platform for 1 or 2 years and just never pulled the trigger. Now I have a baby on the way in a few months and I am holding off any purchases until after the baby is here.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

TechRider

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
@dan144k i think either color in the hydro-teak would look great with red. I am leaning towards the darker just for upkeep and showing less dirt. But on the down side it will get hotter. But they say just throw some water on it.

Here is a link to some pics from Will's flikr page. http://www.flickr.com/photos/110764339@N03/sets/72157638410684275/

@JetBoatPilot - Will what amount would we need to order to get discounts? Also some links on your home page at the bottom are not working properly.

Trm1765

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I want to do this also,, but I just don't know all the differences between the different kinds and am not sure at all what to go with. I have found many post from different people praising all the different kinds..I wish I could see a boat with each in place to compare.

TechRider

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Some additional pics for seadek in our boats http://www.flickr.com/photos/110764339@N03/sets/72157638416006433/

I am torn between the two products as well. From what I hear seadek is softer and feels better but can be damaged easier from things like twisting your foot in one spot and the poles for your cover leaving marks. I am leaning towards the hydro-teak.

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I bought the Hydro-Turf kit back in November and haven't installed it yet. I'm kinda wishing I had gotten the teak instead.

marc7

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We just completed the install of our Hydro-Teak. Ordered it at the end of summer and had set in my garage since October. 20140222_151022.jpg20140222_151217.jpg 20140215_154938.jpg 20140215_155040.jpg 20140215_155027.jpg

TechRider

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
@marc7 looks awesome! Is that the darker color hydro-teak? Any comments on feel or quality, easy to scuff so far?

The Wanderer2

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
During Will's Christmas sale, I purchased the complete Hydro-teak kit and installed it in January. Will helped me design the boats name into the swim platform. The installation was very easy and the old Hydro-turf came off with very little effort. I really like this product better than carpet.

marc7

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@TechRider Thank you...This is the Charcoal Gray over Black....Quality is good the feel is good...Since we have just installed it we have no experience with scuffing. a BIG Thank You to Will @JetBoatPilot

Cheers!

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Just for some clarification on the three products:

Hydro Turf and Hydro-Teak is the same product. We have created the Hydro-Teak name for our own marketing but it is really the same thing. Same chemical makeup and all. Hydro-Turf is what Yamaha uses at the factory for the swim platforms.

Hydro-Teak is an open cell foam rubber. Open cell foam can absorb liquids and has shown a tendency to deteriorate a bit faster than SeaDek. Keeping a cover on the boat helps prevent the deterioration also called powdering. For the moment we are limited to only one color combo, Charcoal Gray Over Black. We tried the Slate Gray Over Black but the material was not consistent enough in the top color's thickness and caused major quality control problems.

SeaDek is a closed cell EVA foam and will not absorb liquids. This product tends to be about 20% higher in cost when compared to the Hydro-Teak and longer lasting. SeaDek also comes in a multitude of color choices. You can pick any top color and pair it with any bottom color to get a really trick look. Also you can choose the top surface texture. Either embossed tread dots or brushed finish. SeaDek has some really cool looking wood colors so you can recreate a true Teak wood look if you like.

I have not given a lot of consideration to doing a group buy this early in the season, but might consider it if the numbers were strong. Let me put some thought to it.

upperdeck

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I am VERY interested in the gray hydro-teak. I spoke with Will on this recently and he had me sold....He needs to call my wife !!
Its between this or Vectors for priority......
You'll love the mats for the saltwater clean up! At least I sure do!

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Will is working on this for me

rearmat.jpg

cyberlock

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Marc7- That looks great. How long did it take to put down?

marc7

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The install itself was less than 2 hours...The prep work was several hours.

Trm1765

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length