• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hydro turf adhesive removal question

csmacken

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I’m replacing the old hydro turf on the swim platform of my 2010 212x and replacing with Seadek (thanks to the group buy!).

I used the mineral spirits soak and heated putty knife method to remove the old turf. I’m in the process of removing the stuck on adhesive with a 3m eraser wheel.

My question is does anyone know the best method to get all the adhesive out from the sides of the little knobs of the non skid swim platform? The eraser wheel gets everything on top of the knobs but leaves the residue around them. I’m thinking mineral spirits/acetone and a stiff bristled brush. Any help appreciated. Thanks!!

Acetone or lacquer thinner. Mineral spirits may work but its much weaker. It doesnt flash as fast though so will stay wet and work longer. Xylene is somewhere in the middle

Marine formula Debond. I use it for all my adhesive removal needs on the boats. It is not cheep, but it works. We just ordered 2 more cans to remove adhesive remaining when we removed the hull liner in the V-berth on the Beneteau. Fawcett Boat Supplies

Back