• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hydro Turf Melting?

Stainless or Aluminum.. Why not just sand it with 400 or 600 grit on a hand sanding block and make it look satin. No worries.

Stainless or Aluminum.. Why not just sand it with 400 or 600 grit on a hand sanding block and make it look satin. No worries.

I reckon I might try just that. . . .

You could also cut a flat piece of plastic to shape that can be slid into mount when not in use, remove when using.

Who's got the 3D printer. . . . .I have a new project for em. . . .

Just make your pattern, take it to your local glass shop and have them cut plexiglass to your pattern out of scrap. They can get it in different thickness. Spray the plexiglass on the on one side the color you desire, then place self adhesive contact paper over the painted side to protect the paint from scraping. The unpainted plexiglas side will the outer side you can see when mounted. You could also get the plexiglass in white and avoid the painting.

My dealer warned me about the mounts burning the turf. I think they have mounts brushed now but all the 2014's don't have them apparently. It may be a good idea to either brush them or paint them a flat color. The center ski tow can also reflect and burn the turf. I don't know if these are aluminum, chrome, or stainless steel however. If it is stainless, they too can be brushed, if they are chrome, no can do.

Yes, it's certainly a known issue. When we went to pick up our brand new boat from the dealer, there was a burn spot on the swim deck, much worse than your picture but same pattern. They ordered a new mat for us but by the time it came in we had already ordered the SeaDek. We have since noticed a slight discoloration in the same spot. Looks like we need to take it off and scuff out the shine or paint it. Bad design for sure..

I bet a light application of nail polish would be an easy fix, let the wife chose the color

Taking my 2013 to the Dealer June 3rd to have the hyrdo deck and the mount replaced. They ordered me a brushed 2014 one. Warranty items.

Back