• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hydrophase Ridesteady GPS Speed Control JETBOATERS.NET Member Discount, Jan 2019

Ridesteady

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We’re pleased to announce an extra $50 off for JETBOATERS.NET members on any Ridesteady for Yamaha Speed Control system purchased through Valentines Day, Feb. 14, 2019. Simply enter “JETBOATERS.NET @your_username” in the comments section of the checkout page. Click “Buy Now” here: www.hydrophase.com/yamaha

This offer can be combined with our existing $100 back for install pics / info submission, for a total of $150 back. An email will be sent after your Ridesteady ships with the pictures and information we request. The deadline to submit the pictures / information will be extended to April 30, 2019.

To see pictures other Yamaha Ridesteady owners have submitted, click here: https://www.hydrophase.com/support/...d_cust_video_tid=All&field_cust_quote_tid=All

Note that there is limited stock available for this promotion.

What is “Ridesteady for Yamaha”?

Ridesteady is a speed control system (“cruise control”) that uses GPS satellites or engine RPM to keep your boat at the set speed you choose. On twin engine boats, it will also automatically synchronize your engines. There are many other features as well that can be viewed at www.hydrophase.com/yamaha

Why would I want this?

Yamaha jet boats, despite their many advantages, are difficult to keep at a precise speed. Ridesteady handles this for you automatically. It is particularly nice with water sports, but also beneficial for cruising. It allows the driver to focus on steering the boat safely, rather than fixating on the speedometer. Life is much more relaxing for both the driver and rider.

How difficult is it to install?

Ridesteady for Yamaha works directly with the throttle signal electronically, so no motors are needed to install. Light wiring work is required at the helm (tapping into the ignition switch wiring), as well as some “plug and play” operations on the engine side. A video of an install and the full installation manual can be viewed here: https://www.hydrophase.com/support?term_node_tid_depth=30

How easy is it to use?

Ease-of-use was considered from the beginning of the design process. While there are many features, it is designed to work out of the box. The rotary knob makes changing set speed and settings quick and easy.

What's new with Ridesteady?

A new firmware will be included on all order 2019 and later that includes "fulltime" engine sync, when enabled in the settings. This allows users to still have engine synchronization even when manual throttle control is desired (i.e. Ridesteady in "OFF" mode).

What Yamaha boats is Ridesteady compatible with?

2006-current AR210, SX210, SR210

2010-current AR240, SX240, 242 Limited

2012-current AR190, SX190, 212SS, 212X

2013-current AR192, SX192

2017-current AR195, SX195

Do you have user videos?

@swatski has done an amazing job of capturing his first runs with Ridesteady.

https://jetboaters.net/threads/new-...nch-for-twins-ridesteady-by-hydrophase.12590/

Here is a user-submitted video on a 2013 Yamaha 242 Limited:

Here is a "preview" video from 2017 showing Ridesteady for Yamaha in action on a 2006 SX210:

Questions?

Email: info@hydrophase.com

Call: 512-524-8686

Or message @Ridesteady on JETBOATERS.NET

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would recommend this system for anyone with a compatible non-E-Series Yamaha jet boat, wholeheartedly.
In my stock 2016 AR240 this system probably made the biggest difference in enhancing my boating experience, cruising and water sports alike.

IMO, the RideSteady guys are very conservative in their claims and basically over-achieve on all points. I use the system almost all the time when cruising, push the throttles up all the way and adjust speed with the KNOB, engines electronically synched together; pulling back on the throttles overrides the system for quick stops or other maneuvers.

With the new addition of auto-synch this system will essentially turn any twin Yamaha (with cable throttle links and APS modules) into a fly-by-wire cruiser. For watersports enthusiasts this is a must, the system is plug-and play easy install, its light years ahead of Perfect Pass electronically, and the GPS tracking and speed control is extremely accurate.

An issue has been fixed with early models that had high-watts VHF interference. Tech support is outstanding.

The system is not cheap, but definitely worth the money. Cruising at constant RPM can save a ton of fuel and the R-S system affords the ability to make very precise, linear adjustments for best cruise in given conditions.
The OEM cruise holds RPM (works in the mid-range only) advancing by 200RPM steps (it is the same button as "No Wake', or TDE - I use it all the time in no wake).

--

Last edited:

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Ridesteady, this new "fulltime" engine sync sounds like a fantastic feature! I do have a couple of questions.
  1. Does there system disengage from fulltime sync when in the boat is in no wake mode or below a certain speed to allow for independent throttle usage for maneuverability?
  2. Is there a means for those who have have previous generation systems to upgrade?
Thanks in advance!

Ridesteady

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Ridesteady, this new "fulltime" engine sync sounds like a fantastic feature! I do have a couple of questions.
  1. Does there system disengage from fulltime sync when in the boat is in no wake mode or below a certain speed to allow for independent throttle usage for maneuverability?
  2. Is there a means for those who have have previous generation systems to upgrade?
Thanks in advance!
1. Yes, when on "fulltime" engine sync, it engages at 8 MPH, disengages at 6 MPH. It is purely speed based, Ridesteady doesn't know whether or not you're in no wake mode, but no wake mode would override Ridesteady anyway.
2. Yes, existing customers can upgrade by sending an email to info@hydrophase.com. The cost is $75 plus $10 shipping. This covers shipping both ways for the "upgrader stick". We also charge a deposit, but it will be returned back in full when the upgrader is received back (the postage paid return envelope will have a tracking number on it for your reference). The hardware hasn't changed, only the software.

Ridesteady

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This is from our website, with info on v.1.03:

UPDATED FIRMWARE FOR RIDESTEADY FOR YAMAHA JET BOATS

Firmware v.1.03 adds “fulltime” synchronization provisions to allow for engine sync on twin engine Yamaha jet boats when the speed control is not being used to regulate the boat speed (i.e. “OFF” mode). This allows the driver to manually control the throttle of the boat, while Ridesteady keeps the engines in sync.

Additionally, a “gate” has been added to prevent Ridesteady from being powered off before 1 minute has elapsed from engine stop. This is to prevent “check engine” lights from appearing if the user forces Ridesteady off before the engine’s ECMs have powered down.

“ENG SYNC: FULL” setting provides for engine sync anytime the boat speed is above 8 MPH. “SYNC MSTR: AUTO”, which allows Ridesteady to select which engine to adjust for synchronization, must also be set for “fulltime” engine synchronization to work. They are not default options, so they must be selected in the settings if “fulltime” engine sync is desired.

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Ridesteady=Easily the best addition to my Yamaha thus far! You.wont.regret.it!

PeterB

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
As others have stated - this is s great system.
we have two seasons with this system and it is well worth the investment! We have multiple riders and tow sports set up, and often use the rpm mode when cruising.
Early on we had an issue and the manufacturer called us on a Saturday and helped resolve the issue quickly.
We would absolutely buy again!

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I'm new to jetboats (2019, 212X), so use lube before you answer. Don't we have "cruise" already equipped or am I wrong on this and this is something different? I can see the "syncing" or harmonics for the twins, but once my hand is off the throttle and cruise is on, I should be good, right? Not saying this doesn't intrigue me like a shiny new toy, but am I not grasping the core concept? Also, will this void my warranty? Uh... "asking for a friend..."

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm new to jetboats (2019, 212X), so use lube before you answer. Don't we have "cruise" already equipped or am I wrong on this and this is something different? I can see the "syncing" or harmonics for the twins, but once my hand is off the throttle and cruise is on, I should be good, right? Not saying this doesn't intrigue me like a shiny new toy, but am I not grasping the core concept? Also, will this void my warranty? Uh... "asking for a friend..."
@PJ73 you'll quickly find out that Yamaha's "Cruise Assist" isn't very capable of maintaining consistent speeds for watersports. It is RPM based and doesn't prevent creeping up or down in speed. The boat will work its way up on or down off plane pretty quickly... it was hard for my wife to give me a consistent ride on anything. The Ridesteady is capable of managing speed via either RPM or GPS speed control. When in GPS mode it can maintain that speed consistently to the .1 mph. Now that I have it, if I don't have a perfect ride I can only blame myself or the conditions. I wouldn't want a boat without GPS speed control.

Last edited:

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@PJ73 you'll quickly find out that Yamaha's "Cruise Assist" isn't very capable of maintaining consistent speeds for watersports. It is RPM based and doesn't prevent creeping up or down in speed. The boat will work its way up on or down off plane pretty quickly... it was hard for my wife to give me a consistent ride on anything. The Ridesteady is a capable of managing speed via either RPM or GPS speed control and maintain that speed consistently to the .1 mph. Now that I have it, if I don't have a perfect ride. I can only blame myself or the conditions. I wouldn't want a boat without GPS speed control.
Great to hear. Now it makes more sense. Questions: Affect on the warranty? I didn't see a price, just discounts. Do I have to drill through to mount it or where does it go. I noticed on the vid that "more experienced" models had a spot for it but mine is a "Glass cockpit".

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Great to hear. Now it makes more sense. Questions: Affect on the warranty? I didn't see a price, just discounts. Do I have to drill through to mount it or where does it go. I noticed on the vid that "more experienced" models had a spot for it but mine is a "Glass cockpit".
The display is easy to mount, and can be used with a variety of clamps /holders etc.
As far as install, the system is literally plug and play unlike the older mechanical versions and Perfect Pass with servo motors and mechanical links. We have not heard of anyone having any issues with the Ride Steady here that would affect warranty.

The only known issue was interference from high-watt VHFs and that has been resolved by changes in internal components that are no longer susceptible to interference.

The factory CC\ruise control/assist is GPS based only in E-boats albeit it has some issues. The non-E boats only have the RPM Cruise assist that operates in the mid-range and has 200RPM steps (5 or 7 steps available or so), it is not meant to hold constant speed.

The R-S will hold speed (when in GPS mode) steady through turns and with varying skier/boarder input (resistance) - it is really amazingly accurate and smooth. But it will also hold constant RPM for cruising (in RPM mode) - thorughout the range, and automatically synchs the engines effectively becoming like the "single throttle" gizmo in E_series.

The speed or RPM adjustments in R-S are made with a knob, so there is no pushing buttons or toggling through screens.
Highly recommended whether you plan on doing water sports or just cruising.

--

Ridesteady

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It's amazing how fast questions get answered on this forum, with incredible detail no less! I think that about answers your questions @PJ73 but I am happy to answer any others (if I am fast enough :D).

As @swatski noted, the "external display" (which you would need since you have Connext) comes with a "Ram Mount". These are pretty popular, dual articulating, high quality mounts. It also comes with VHB tape so the mount can be attached to the display and your boat without any hole drilling necessary. You can see examples of where others have mounted theirs on our website here: Yamaha Installs

Bothomas

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Dang it! Already spent a lot of money on a few other items.. Now need to try to get in on this too!!!

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Dang it! Already spent a lot of money on a few other items.. Now need to try to get in on this too!!!
@Bothomas yes! You should have been running the Ridesteady for for 3 years now... :rolleyes::D