• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hydroturf removal

DRAT

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’m feeling awesome right now about paying to have my Seadek installed.

Dan Nease

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I’m feeling awesome right now about paying to have my Seadek installed.
You should!! Multiple times throughout the last two weeks I’ve put a price on what I would have paid to have it done

Dan Nease

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
PAYDIRT!

also broke a whitecap latch over the clean our ports. One project done and generated another. I’m assuming these are plug and play no big deal?

Attachments

VitaminSea

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
After reading many of the post and methods here, I have thus far found a cool working environment that is shaded and use of the 5in1 with a mallet to work best for removal.

The HydroTurf is 8yrs old, and most of it separated from the glue backing. Soaking in mineral spirits and scrapping with with the 5in1 or a putty knife removed most of the remaining glue.

I have tried additional applications of mineral spirits followed by Acetone, but I still have a surface that isn’t perfectly clean. Any suggestions?
ADB7FAE9-80E8-4C42-83C0-D7221E3A6E1C.jpeg

Jerlane

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That looks pretty clean, but acetone really should be the best thing to get the last bit of adhesive off.

VitaminSea

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That looks pretty clean, but acetone really should be the best thing to get the last bit of adhesive off.
There’s still some tackiness to it. I will revisit in the AM. Will be thankful when this project is over! :)

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
After reading many of the post and methods here, I have thus far found a cool working environment that is shaded and use of the 5in1 with a mallet to work best for removal.

The HydroTurf is 8yrs old, and most of it separated from the glue backing. Soaking in mineral spirits and scrapping with with the 5in1 or a putty knife removed most of the remaining glue.

I have tried additional applications of mineral spirits followed by Acetone, but I still have a surface that isn’t perfectly clean. Any suggestions?
View attachment 138988
Here’s how I removed the hydro turf on a waverunner. You probably only need an eraser wheel to get the last bits off though hope this helps.

markallan

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I spent almost a day removing mine

Bubba7827

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hahah- I’ve definitely had my fair share of run ins with compressed air.

took off the anchor locker and passenger side cabin mat in 1-2 pieces. (My wife was there, she had to be thinking, what’s he been doing this whole time?)

Anywho- all cleaned up ready to apply SeaDek tomorrow!!
Am I understanding correctly that you used the compressed air to cool the HT and has a much easier time?