• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

I’m guessing the dealers will sell at MSRP. What can I ask for to sweeten the deal?

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

haolegirl70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Videos pulled
I was able to video on my phone and send via text to another on here and they were able to post that video.
I got a chance to talk with someone from Winnebagoland, my neighbor knows them, and we met up over the 4th. The neighbor couldn't even get a boat from them (not a Yamaha, different boat), as they were sold out of inventory, and they already had folks lining up hoping to get anything they could lay their hands on.

This will be your downfall.

I'm wondering if there will be enough people who had that same mindset for this year, that realize they can't afford their boat next year, or just don't want it after they can move freely around the country next summer. I might be interested in moving up to a 24' if the price is right, and it looks like it's shaping up to be a buyer's market next year.
No more 24' boats - redesigned to 25'

brian86992

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@brian86992 ...,.that is what is happening where I live too. There were maybe three yamaha boats sold in the area I live in May that there was some bargaining room. After that if you wavered it was here's your deposit back ..... "next". IMO purchasing the 5 year Yamaha OEM Warranty is a great idea as the electronics on these boats alone would likely exceed the total cost of the warranty in one go - yes, that has happened to me with a 5 year Mercruiser warranty and with friends too. @ourlee if you run into a dealer (quite possible) who will not move on the basic prices here's what you can do.... get it written into your contract that ANYTHING you want to purchase through the dealer will be at HIS cost for "X" length of time (in the past I have said 3 or 4 months to give me time to decide what extras I might need - friends have gotten that for the first season) as this is a no lose for the dealer and a win for you. :cool:
This is a creative and brilliant idea.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I was able to video on my phone and send via text to another on here and they were able to post that video. https://jetboaters.net/threads/its-confirmed-no-more-24.28723/page-6#post-476044
NICE! So wake booster is no longer something you bolt to your platform! Atta boy yamaha. Can't wait to see what it actually is.

Edit: Nope the screen shows "surf pointe". So likely still the metal janky add on. That seems out of place on what's going to be an 80k+ boat.

haolegirl70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Generically speaking these boats must have a pretty small profit margin. Reason I say that is the general consensus is most pay pretty close to MSRP. Every now and again you hear of someone getting 5-7k off. From being around the forums and FB groups I'd say that's not the norm. It isn't like wake boats where getting 15-20% off is the standard without even really haggling. I bought my 2020 in the midst of covid, but RIGHT before the season went nutso. I managed to get some off, and they cut me a slight deal on accessories I bought. I'd consider that a "good" deal. Now there are dealers that have been known to cut the best deals. Winnebagoland ( I believe that's the one in WI), and Cyclesprings in FL. The one in WI won't sell to anyone not in an adjoining state, and last I checked they listed that on their site. Cyclesprings from my research will sell to anyone.
Based on the conversation we had with our salesperson a few weeks ago, Cyclesprings will not be negotiable :(

ourlee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
Well all depends on how many dealers you have within a reasonable drive time.... I have (4).

If say you have (3), try a reasonable offer and then if none budge choose the one you felt most comfortable with.....

I can tell you I’ll pay MSRP + tax only, or I’ll wait a while as this sellers market will not last much longer (maybe until next summer but there will be a correction sometime as a bunch of first time boat owners bought this year and some will be unloading once they figure out the lifestyle and financial commitment is not for them).....
Moms and I are equally excited for a X80 or a X55, accept we want to travel. Waiting brings these back into play. We’re retired and really like the idea of a 4000?lb boat. We’d grab a lakefront cottage all over the country several times a year, invite friends and our 2 LA sons to join us. Would be great fun. Lugging around a fat Mastercraft would be way less fun.
Think moms will go for this?

haolegirl70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@brian86992 ...,.that is what is happening where I live too. There were maybe three yamaha boats sold in the area I live in May that there was some bargaining room. After that if you wavered it was here's your deposit back ..... "next". IMO purchasing the 5 year Yamaha OEM Warranty is a great idea as the electronics on these boats alone would likely exceed the total cost of the warranty in one go - yes, that has happened to me with a 5 year Mercruiser warranty and with friends too. @ourlee if you run into a dealer (quite possible) who will not move on the basic prices here's what you can do.... get it written into your contract that ANYTHING you want to purchase through the dealer will be at HIS cost for "X" length of time (in the past I have said 3 or 4 months to give me time to decide what extras I might need - friends have gotten that for the first season) as this is a no lose for the dealer and a win for you. :cool:
This will be our first boat purchase so a little lost on how best to proceed with getting a deal. When you write anything we want to purchase through the dealer will be at his cost, do you mean the dealer would be willing to throw in things like boat cover or Bimini tops at their cost for a limited amount of time? What dealer items could be included in this? Dealers do that?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@haolegirl70 Yes some have in the past. My dealer gave me a percentage off on all purchases through the end of the year. I got a mooring cover, a bow cover, oil change kits and some other things. People have to remember though that Salesman also make commissions on accessories and selling them based on whom the customer is. This is also taken into account when a dealer is discounting things. Each may be different. All you can do is ask. If they won't do cost ask for a percentage. My dealer's policy is all new boat purchases come with a percentage of all accessories till the end of the model year you bought in. they do that automatically. In my opinion the biggest thing I would get if I bought another new boat is I would somehow try to negotiate something on the Yamaha mooring cover, since I wouldn't go with out it.

haolegirl70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@haolegirl70 Yes some have in the past. My dealer gave me a percentage off on all purchases through the end of the year. I got a mooring cover, a bow cover, oil change kits and some other things. People have to remember though that Salesman also make commissions on accessories and selling them based on whom the customer is. This is also taken into account when a dealer is discounting things. Each may be different. All you can do is ask.
Thank you!

brian86992

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
NICE! So wake booster is no longer something you bolt to your platform! Atta boy yamaha. Can't wait to see what it actually is.

Edit: Nope the screen shows "surf pointe". So likely still the metal janky add on. That seems out of place on what's going to be an 80k+ boat.

Well... maybe it is automatic. Something like trim tabs that deflect the surf side wash? When he presses the "SurfPointe" button it brings up adjustable level controls for port and starboard.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@suke For the price point that I believe that boat is going to be, when I push a button the wake should adjust and a mermaid better pop out and hook up the tow rope automatically. :)

Enduro900

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Moms and I are equally excited for a X80 or a X55, accept we want to travel. Waiting brings these back into play. We’re retired and really like the idea of a 4000?lb boat. We’d grab a lakefront cottage all over the country several times a year, invite friends and our 2 LA sons to join us. Would be great fun. Lugging around a fat Mastercraft would be way less fun.
Think moms will go for this?
You should look up Crystal Lake in Northern Michigan.......crystal clear 10,000 acres, the sandbars have ZERO weeds or rocks (the sandbars look like the Caribbean on a sunny day).......and not a very busy lake either.

Oh, and when you do come up let me know I’ll go out on your new boat with you [flag]

Regarding a new rig, she might like this one even better:

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
The end of the season is in sight for us northerners. Already there are far more boats on CL and they aren’t selling as fast as a few weeks ago. So dealers might not have quite as much leverage. But I’m sure they’ll try to play the shortages/demand trump card as long as possible.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@suke For the price point that I believe that boat is going to be, when I push a button the wake should adjust and a mermaid better pop out and hook up the tow rope automatically. :)
I totally agree. Guess we shall see.

Canuckjetboater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
This will be our first boat purchase so a little lost on how best to proceed with getting a deal. When you write anything we want to purchase through the dealer will be at his cost, do you mean the dealer would be willing to throw in things like boat cover or Bimini tops at their cost for a limited amount of time? What dealer items could be included in this? Dealers do that?
@haolegirl70 ....YES they do. Over the years (many) of boat buying I have written that (or agreed to verbally if I had a great/trusted relationship with the dealer) into every purchase I have ever made. I have gotten mooring covers, propellers, bimini tops extra anchors, service items (oil changes) etc at dealer cost. On my latest purchase I received a number of items at dealer cost ( example -spare tire for trailer). I ordered the Yamaha original cockpit cover and bow cover for my boat and the dealer paid to have the boat taken to a specialty canvas shop to have the snaps installed. These type of things may mean the dealer doesn't get some extra profit BUT it doesn't cost them anything and I have never been turned down with that type of request. :cool:

haolegirl70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@haolegirl70 ....YES they do. Over the years (many) of boat buying I have written that (or agreed to verbally if I had a great/trusted relationship with the dealer) into every purchase I have ever made. I have gotten mooring covers, propellers, bimini tops extra anchors, service items (oil changes) etc at dealer cost. On my latest purchase I received a number of items at dealer cost ( example -spare tire for trailer). I ordered the Yamaha original cockpit cover and bow cover for my boat and the dealer paid to have the boat taken to a specialty canvas shop to have the snaps installed. These type of things may mean the dealer doesn't get some extra profit BUT it doesn't cost them anything and I have never been turned down with that type of request. :cool:
Thank you!

Canuckjetboater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Thank you!
@haolegirl70 ....BTW the first time I asked a dealer that question (new boat purchase at a boat show in 1994) he just stared at me like I was an alien then said why not? .....and that was it. From that point on that was a standard negotiating practice of mine.....as my Grandfather used to say; "Want something? Then, make it as easy as possible for the person to say yes." :cool:

ourlee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
The 21 interiors are SOO nice v the 20s

ourlee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
You should look up Crystal Lake in Northern Michigan.......crystal clear 10,000 acres, the sandbars have ZERO weeds or rocks (the sandbars look like the Caribbean on a sunny day).......and not a very busy lake either.

Oh, and when you do come up let me know I’ll go out on your new boat with you [flag]

Regarding a new rig, she might like this one even better:

Didn’t look close enough. HELLCAT! DAMN kid.

Canuckjetboater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
The 21 interiors are SOO nice v the 20s
@ourlee .....personally I like the black and grey in our 2020 more than the "browns" referred to as warm. I also like the entire line of 2020 hull colors more than the 2021s but that's personal choice.