• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

I absolutely LOVE my Tundra, but...

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My Ford Superduty......Proudly built in Kentucky!
Have you ever checked what the percentage of foreign parts are in your Superduty?

Last edited:

KXCam22

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My Tundra is proudly built in Texas. It probably has more US and Chinese content than Japanese. Mines the first edition (2007) but I have 200K on it without having to replace anything, although I have to put a fan belt tensioner on it soon. I will agree the mileage is not the best but I don't really care that much. Cam.

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
@Bruce
I haven't ever thought to check. I'm a diehard Ford guy. If they start making them in Bangladesh.....I'll still buy one!:winkingthumbsup"

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
My Tundra is proudly built in Texas. It probably has more US and Chinese content than Japanese. Mines the first edition (2007) but I have 200K on it without having to replace anything, although I have to put a fan belt tensioner on it soon. I will agree the mileage is not the best but I don't really care that much. Cam.
When the 2007 model tundra came out, it was earth shattering to the truck industry. I would bet it caused the big 3 to step up their game. The "toughness" of the tundra was unheard of in a 1/2 ton truck.

I believe when it came out, it had 75% US parts/labor content. Which makes it a domestic NOT an import. Technically, the Silverado and F150 (which recently dropped way down) are imports.

If you're not over on www.tundratalk.net then you should be.

Their commercials were awesome.

chess

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My buddy just bought a brand new 2017 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT, I have no clue what the gas mileage is when towing as he bought it for the offseason but he is only pulling a 19 foot Chaprral Sport H20... I told him if he ever wants to go fast he will buy a yamaha.... LMFAO

chess

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Told the wife if/when tundra comes out with diesel I may trade current Tundra in... we will see... love my Platinum..would have to go through lift, big tires all over again...
How much did you pay for your Platinum out the door ?

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I got lucky and bought it used a year ago. The BMW delearship wanted the "truck eyesore" off their lot..;)... 32000...