• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

I bought a school bus!

Trevor Shipman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Got the primer down today... After 800 hours of taping! Reaching out if anyone you chance knows a car painter out there. I’m just not confident that I have the right set up or skills to put the final coat down of the real stuff. Anyone on here know a good painter that lives near the CharlotteNC area? Thanks!0D2FE2DA-3B41-4227-AE6A-D08425F67FCC.jpeg

Trevor Shipman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well if you want something done, ya just gotta do it yourself. Not perfect, but I wasn’t expecting perfection. Wherever you see the light grey (grill, side vent, window pillars) will get sprayed gloss black. The paint is still soft so not going to mess with the gloss black for as long as I can.
C6FE2DAA-F27A-4B3F-BD60-5435D057DB87.jpeg

Last edited:

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Well I’d you want something done, ya just gotta do it yourself. Not perfect, but I wasn’t expecting perfection! Wherever you see the light grey (grill, side vent, window pillars) will get sprayed gloss black. The paint is still soft so not going to mess with the gloss black for as long as I can.
View attachment 117945
I am pretty jealous.

Trevor Shipman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thank you! It’s a bigger project than I expected, trying to keep my eye on the prize!

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
With that green military color you fill that bus with some milicia dressed guys and you can probably take over a few small towns!!!

Very cool looking bus.

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
With that green military color you fill that bus with some milicia dressed guys and you can probably take over a few small towns!!!

Very cool looking bus.
Watch out if these guys show up:
1588788138102.png

edit: Of course you'll need a half-dozen Stainless Steel Ruger Mini-14's with folding stocks converted to full-giggle mode.

Trevor Shipman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Any electrical guys on here by chance? While underway, I plan on running the generator. When at camp, I’ll be connected to shore power. I just installed (not wired) the exterior 30amp plug receiver. My question is how do I wire the generator? Is there some sort of switch I can incorporate?

Thanks!!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Any electrical guys on here by chance? While underway, I plan on running the generator. When at camp, I’ll be connected to shore power. I just installed (not wired) the exterior 30amp plug receiver. My question is how do I wire the generator? Is there some sort of switch I can incorporate?

Thanks!!
Not an electrician but wouldn't it be the same as a transfer switch for the house? Probably find those at big box stores. Some are automatic and some manual. I have a manual one i plan on installing at my house.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Not an electrician but wouldn't it be the same as a transfer switch for the house? Probably find those at big box stores. Some are automatic and some manual. I have a manual one i plan on installing at my house.
That's exactly what you need - here's the one I had installed at my house years ago:

Trevor Shipman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's exactly what you need - here's the one I had installed at my house years ago:

You’re the man!

I looked more on amazon, price wise, would this do the same thing for me?

Go Power! TS-30 30 Amp Automatic Transfer Switch Amazon.com: Go Power! TS-30 30 Amp Automatic Transfer Switch: Automotive

jjmparsons

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Trevor Shipman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Gah, unfortunately not really. We just moved into a new home which has been taking all of time time lately. I was waiting on the cabinets to come in as well, which they finally did. Managed to get new tires on her all around too. The outside is all but finished. Here’s a final pic (missing 2 fenders around the lights I’ve yet to put on). Also ordered a powered awning I’ve yet to put on as well. Hoping to get progress going again soon on it though!
AE7213BF-ABD9-4F98-9FB1-A5435E05586A.jpegF1C41369-46E4-4A77-AD8D-D93C3AC9F287.jpeg

jjmparsons

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Cheese and Rice @Trevor Shipman how long are you going to make us wait? This is absurd!!! :p:D Man you got a lot going on!!!! Well I for on am beyond impressed by what you have done here. I was just on the phone with my daughter and we pulled up ebay and started running through the buses that are currently available and there are some great ones out there!!!! You have certainly inspired me, thats for sure!!!! NICE WORK Sir!!!

Trevor Shipman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Haha! Thank you! I must say, it’s waaaay more work than I thought! But go for it and share the progress (and the pain)!

If I can be of any help, just let me know!

diveDave

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Gah, unfortunately not really. We just moved into a new home which has been taking all of time time lately. I was waiting on the cabinets to come in as well, which they finally did. Managed to get new tires on her all around too. The outside is all but finished. Here’s a final pic (missing 2 fenders around the lights I’ve yet to put on). Also ordered a powered awning I’ve yet to put on as well. Hoping to get progress going again soon on it though!
View attachment 126070View attachment 126069
It's just .. WOW
I love to watch when people make their dreams come true, and even with their own hands. I wish you good luck :) Looking forward to see new posts.