• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

I'm no longer semi-banned on YJB

Thanks alot. . . Now my comment looks silly.
Nah just says you're awesome...well, looking at it on my phone anyway, it points right to your avatar!

This site is better in many ways. Hands down.

In addition to being able to post pics easier here, I love the fact that I can start a response on say my phone when I'm out and finish it on my tablet or PC when I get home. Unlike YJB where I'm stuck with using the device I started with and worse if I change web pages intentionally or by accident I lose everything i already typed and have to start over. The latter happens more often than I would like to admit and the end result is that some of my more informative responsive posts end up as a list of incomplete bullet points.

I don't pretend to understand how easy or difficult it is to add such funtionality but from a layman's perspective of a person trying to help fellow boaters out for free it seems like the effort to add more user friendly features would be well worth the down time and costs, if any.

In addition to being able to post pics easier here, I love the fact that I can start a response on say my phone when I'm out and finish it on my tablet or PC when I get home. Unlike YJB where I'm stuck with using the device I started with and worse if I change web pages intentionally or by accident I lose everything i already typed and have to start over. The latter happens more often than I would like to admit and the end result is that some of my more informative responsive posts end up as a list of incomplete bullet points.

I don't pretend to understand how easy or difficult it is to add such funtionality but from a layman's perspective of a person trying to help fellow boaters out for free it seems like the effort to add more user friendly features would be well worth the down time and costs, if any.
@Ronnie you are right on the mark with this one. I love this feature too. It has saved me some headache in the exact same scenarios you describe. Only problem is if I don't finish my post and get back to it later, someone else will have beat me to it.

@Ronnie you are right on the mark with this one. I love this feature too. It has saved me some headache in the exact same scenarios you describe. Only problem is if I don't finish my post and get back to it later, someone else will have beat me to it.

You know what they say about great minds. . . .

Chiming in with my 2 cents:

I find myself spending more time here, and enjoying it more, than I had on YJB in the last couple years. I am very happy with this site, its inclusiveness, the IT engine and features, the moderation / direction / philosophy and the critical knowledge base (as well as personality base) that has found a home here.

Having said that, I still maintain my ID at YJB. I post there sometimes, lately mainly to help someone that is not getting assistance. I also dig into the archives on occasion when needed.

I never had any issues with YJB and its leadership, but I had noticed some odd changes at times... events that I only began to understand when this site launched.

I suggest we all remember that there is a fine line between good-natured ribbing and grave dancing...I would like to see this site's membership take the high road on this.

Anyway, my thoughts. Stepping off the soapbox, I really enjoy and value this site and community. Cheers!

@GTBRMC
Hard to imagine taking the high road with Brian as your avatar! :winkingthumbsup"

HAHAHAHA! You all likely won't believe me, but I didn't even think of that!

I have used various Brian avatars for misc social media purposes for a long time. Really! LMAO!

The week I joined YJB, somebody pm'd me and told me about this place, so I packed up my things and moved over here where there's more activity.

I moved on up like the Jeffersons.

Brian and Stewie
Rule!!!

I sent him a JB.net decal. :D
JUST TO D**MNED FUNNY !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Still laughing !!!!!!!!!!! :winkingthumbsup" :) :thumbsup: :rolleyes: :arghh:
Many Thanks ............ Barbie always wants ta know wut I done been up when I come back into the kitchen laughing my head (or a**) off !
Mikey You know Who - On Lake Oconee - Where we are getting some needed rain

What does YJB stand for again.....:wtf:

You're Just Banned, but I could be wrong

Funny. There was clearly a lot of stuff that went on behind the scenes, but YJB was a great and active site for a long time. They haven't modernized the site for a while, though, which makes it a bit harder to use. Then everybody seemed to migrate here and now the level of activity over there has just nose dived. I appreciate the service that YJB provided and the community who posted so actively there for years.

So someone posted something on the YJB FB page on the new warranty that showed up in my feed. I commented on it and posted a link to the JB.net discussion on the subject. My comment was deleted, but I was still receiving notifications on the post so I went back to look, and wouldn't you know it my comment was deleted.

So I posted it again and called them out on it, and they deleted me from the FB Page.

I haven't been able to sleep. . . . .;)

Theres a FB page?!:jawdrop: Say it ain't so Joe.

Yup....don't need it yet...and we'll let ya know if we do. This forum actually has the technology to make collecting donations simple and recognition and reminders automated. But we don't need it at this time. Its a fun hobby for us at this point. And I know we have many members beyond Bruce, Mel, Murf, OperationalROL and I that have made the site one of their hobbies too! There are too many to name and I'd risk missing some! But thank you all for joining in and making this "a site for members by members"!

If Mel is a member, I'm having second thoughts. :)

Just pokin' at a fellow aviator.

Chiming in with my 2 cents:

I find myself spending more time here, and enjoying it more, than I had on YJB in the last couple years. I am very happy with this site, its inclusiveness, the IT engine and features, the moderation / direction / philosophy and the critical knowledge base (as well as personality base) that has found a home here.

Having said that, I still maintain my ID at YJB. I post there sometimes, lately mainly to help someone that is not getting assistance. I also dig into the archives on occasion when needed.

I never had any issues with YJB and its leadership, but I had noticed some odd changes at times

I'd like to second your thoughts. I am relatively new to all of this and the jet boat experience so I try to tailor my input to my level of credibility. I've been to the other site and I got a lot of really good info there. I was disappointed when I asked a question about what mods to get for my boat. Someone there told me to get the Cobra fins and some other stuff without telling me they were the seller of that product. I didn't have a problem with buying that particular item but I felt there was some bias in who was telling me what to buy. I also saw a lot of flaming on posters there to the point of not really wanting to participate in any discussion here. Here I can be my stupid ass self and people will still help me out. While I'm sure under their breath they are saying WTF?:)

And, I'm adding a new phrase to the WOT acronym line. WOW. Wide Open Wallet. And isn't hole shot a sexual term?;)

Party on Wayne, Party on Garth.

If Mel is a member, I'm having second thoughts. :)

Just pokin' at a fellow aviator.

Well, he is a member. But he rarely posts, so I doubt he will bother you much. :D:rolleyes:

Brian, I still have a cash offer for your site name and server content.

Back