• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Indian Lake, Ohio 2015 Season

Tad Steinberg

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Haven't made it to Indian Lake as of yet. We live in Columbus (just north) and will probably make it out there sometime this year. It would be great if we knew some people that knew their way around.

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Welcome @Tad Steinberg We are up there almost every weekend. Let me know when you decide to make it up. I can let you know anything you need to know. Meet up at the swimming hole or something. There are tons of Yamaha's up there but not a lot from this site so I have only met a few.

McTafur

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We will be there this weekend,, weather permitting. Anyone else??

Tad Steinberg

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
We may try to head up too see if I can talk the wife into something different.

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
I'm skipping out on work Friday and headed up for the afternoon and evening. Do some wake boarding while it's slow. Going to try to come up on Sunday just depends. Wife is busy so it will be just me and the boys. That can be difficult so will play it by ear.

@Tad Steinberg what's your typical day boating? Sports, cruising, beaching, floating, bar hopping? Indian had a little bit of everything, Just have to know the right spots!

Tad Steinberg

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Well we have a 9 year old so nothing too extravagant. We usually do a lot of swimming and playing and some water sports. Pretty relaxing. We boat on alum creek so there aren't any bars or restaurants. So that will be somewhat new for us.

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
@Tad Steinberg @McTafur
For those of you that are planning on venturing to Indian Lake for a day and have never been before I wanted to give you some insight to help you get the most out of the trip. If you are the type that prefers to explore, giddy up. For the others this may help.

The swimming holes are always packed up on the weekends it seems. Lots of fun, sandy bottom and about 3 ½ feet deep. The GPS coordinates are provided below each so you can Google them or use your chart plotter if you have one. The letter coordinate with the crappy map below. But the map does show depth and a couple other nice tie bits of info.

a. The Moose. Must be a member. Cheep Beer and food.
40.513446, -83.883447

b. Mound Wood Sate Park Dock and Ramp. I personally like and use this ramp over all the others. Plenty of room to park and I think 5 ramps total.
40.478588, -83.860703

c. Turkey Foot/Sasafrass Swimming Hole#1 The circle is in the wrong spot it should be the Islands to the left (west). The cords are correct.
40.513216, -83.876688

d. Turkey Foot Swimming Hole#2
40.511487, -.83860445

e. Moose Lodge
40.513446, -83.883447

f. Indian Head Road House (my favorite place on the lake) Best Bloody Mary and Margs. There are only about 6 slips for boats, then you walk across the street to the bar.
40.479823, -.83.897821

g. McDonalds
40.478588, -83.860703

h. Cranberries Bar and Grill Probably the nicest outdoor boat bar on the lake. Great atmosphere.
40.497190, -83.869527

Tilton Hilton, Best cheep burger on the lake. Its HUGE. And the place is literally tilting.
40.516173, -83.868202

Froggys, Huge swim up bar and pool.
40.518354, -83.868202

lakelocatormap4.gif

McTafur

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@GiddYupJoe Thanks for all the info.
---Does anyone plan to be out on Indian Lake for the fireworks display? Saturday the 5th at dusk. We will either be at Indian Lake or Monroe, in Indiana.

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
We are headed down on the 5th in place of the 4th. Kiddos are still to little to try to keep entertained while anchored and waiting. Plus they still go to bed at 8 and the fireworks don't start till 10! Next year hopefully. They are a great show. We went every year growing up.

@McTafur if you do go the Indian Lake route, you may be able to rent a state dock for the night (if they have any left) and crash at the Comfort Inn in Bellafontaine about 10 minutes down 33. It may save you some hassle at the ramps late at night and get ya a second day on the lake.

DoubleThrust

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Hmm, going to add this to my "last minute planning for the 4th" options LOL.

McTafur

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Woot! Got a slip reserved for Friday and Saturday. Give me a shout if anyone's going be there.:thumbsup:
[flag]

cbus

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hey Kevin

Moundwood is the largest and with the holiday, will be busy but you can still get in fairly quick.

Another option that costs $2 in and out is New lands resort. I would call them first to make sure you can park there this weekend.

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Capture.PNG
@Kevin M I would stick to the Moundwood State Docks. You can unload 5-6 boats at a time at that ramp. They also have 3 nice courtesy slips set off to the side. Plenty of room to prep and park with your trailer. All of the other ramps will only have room for 1 or 2 boats at a time and are rather small.

On the map above it is circled as letter B. For what ever reason an actual address is hard to find. Type this into Google maps and it will get you to the correct location.

Moundwood Boat Ramp
Buckeye Drive
OH 43348

Just an FYI. You will NOT be able to get under any of the bridges at the lake with your tower up. I have tried them all! Just have to go around all the islands instead of between them. Not a big deal just letting you know.

Im kinda P!ssed that we will not be able to make it up till Sunday do to other commitments. It sounds like a few of you guys will be making the trip this weekend.

If you need gas on the lake go to Spend-a-Day. Google should get you there while on the water. Its on Orchird Island.

@cbus you get your camper all situated for this wonderful weekend? I though you said you would have it by the 4th.

cbus

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@GiddYupJoe

Yes. Finally.got it set up. Have to show you sometime. Have a great weekend!

Kevin M

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@GiddYupJoe ..Thank you very much for the helpful information! We are still on the bubble if we are making the trek as I have to work the Fireworks show in my city on Saturday, we will see...thanks!

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Only while boating in the Midwest will you see this kind of action!!image.jpg

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
@McTafur @cbus how was the fireworks show last Saturday? Other than the lake prolly being overly packed and choppy, y'all have a good time up there? We went up Sunday and it was dead just like I like!

cbus

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Fireworks were great. Hooked up with 2 other boats and hung out together. Great weather also.

We were going to go out Sunday but the clouds kept coming in and out so we just packed it up and went home. I like when there are few boats around. It allows me to try some new things I ordinarily wouldn't.

Are you going this weekend?

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Dang it @cbus I just looked at the thread and saw your post. Never got a notification. We went up today for a few hours. Crans, beach, channel cruising. Had to bring the boat home for Norris trip. Prolly won't be back that direction other than to toss the boat back in the slip until the 21st of august. We have the treehouse for thur through Sunday. Deff plan on swinging by that weekend for a cold one.