• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Indian Lake, Ohio 2015 Season

jlcj7

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That is a great setup

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
@GiddYupJoe You are just around the corner from where we stayed. We stayed at www.IndianLaketreehouse.com If you come out of that slip and go left, its probably the 2nd to 3rd house from end of that mass of lilly pads. That is definitely a sweet setup! Just minutes away from the sandbar and Froggy's is around the corner :)

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Small world my buddy Tarry owns both places! We are at the tree house a few times a year.

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
haha of wow! Tarry and Polly, they were super nice! So you are at their new place??

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
haha of wow! Tarry and Polly, they were super nice! So you are at their new place??
Yes sir. We have both of them rented out different weekends throughout the summer. I can tell you I love having the boat right here on the porch. As nice as the tree house is... I think I like the Lilly pad a bit better!

apinks

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How's lake been lately? Thinking of heading up tomorrow to spend a few hours.

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Been a great season so far. Water temp was 82 yesterday. Don't drop in at moundwood right now. They are dredging that channel and it full of crap. I would recommend a different ramp. If you see a cushion floating around in the water pick it up for me!

Icatfish247

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I made it out to Indian Lake for the first time earlier this week. Overall seems like a fun clean lake. Really enjoyed the waterfront atmosphere and food at Cranberrys. Will definitely be back more often in future boating seasons when I'm with more people into water sports. Looking at the depth gauge sure made me happy I was in a jet boat though.

Side note: Found it interesting that seemingly no dock on the lake uses cleats for tying off the boats. Is that a common thing people see across lakes? Sounds like someone broke their toe on one and sued.

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
I made it out to Indian Lake for the first time earlier this week. Overall seems like a fun clean lake. Really enjoyed the waterfront atmosphere and food at Cranberrys. Will definitely be back more often in future boating seasons when I'm with more people into water sports. Looking at the depth gauge sure made me happy I was in a jet boat though.

Side note: Found it interesting that seemingly no dock on the lake uses cleats for tying off the boats. Is that a common thing people see across lakes? Sounds like someone broke their toe on one and sued.
Never really thought about the cleats. I thought it was normal just to tie off to the posts.

The only water sports you will be doing at Indian is during the week. I won't even take the kids tubing on the weekends.

Glad you enjoyed it. There are a ton of jet boats up there so I have been trying to spread some cards out. Hit out here next time you head up. Cheers.

Icatfish247

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Never really thought about the cleats. I thought it was normal just to tie off to the posts.

The only water sports you will be doing at Indian is during the week. I won't even take the kids tubing on the weekends.

Glad you enjoyed it. There are a ton of jet boats up there so I have been trying to spread some cards out. Hit out here next time you head up. Cheers.
Ah...yep no issue with tying to posts just found it interesting. I'll have to try to make it up on a weekend this season.

Another question others could benefit from as well, do jet boats go through those narrow paths in between the lily pads? Thinking around Tilton Hilton for reference. I wasn't comfortable with it but saw a pontoon going through.

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
@Icatfish247 i have to run through those narrow paths of lillys every time I leave our slip coming out of the channel. Never had an issue. I just track to the middle as best as I can.

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Amy one going to be up at the lake this weekend. We will be at the tree house all weekend starting tomorrow. @cbus mayne an opportunity to finally meet up?

Fireworks on Saturday. Pray for calm winds!

BlackandTan

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm going to try Indian Lake this summer. Everyone keeps telling me how shallow it is, but it doesn't look like it will be a problem. Would love to connect with some other JBs there.