• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Installed new BOV on AR192

Summerweatherlover

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Just installed my BOV from Fizzle Factory. At first it seemed to test ok. It opened when I backed off the throttle just as I expected. A few days later I start it up to warm the engine and change the oil. Revved up the engine more than I did previously and was surprised my BOV opened without dropping the throttle. I have found the BOV opens as it approaches 4000 rmp and stays completely open at 4500 rmp and up.

Checked my vacuum hose by disconnecting it, definitely a vacuum present.

it’s a Turbosmart Raceport BOV, is there an adjustment I need to make? What could be wrong?

I have the same boat. I just installed an SVHO intercooler and was trying to install the Riva Performance BOV kit. The Riva silicon pipe does not fit my configuration for some reason. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the plastic SVHO intercooler housing vs. the aluminum SVHO intercooler? Can you post a picture of your setup? 20230606_161123209_iOS.jpg20230606_160853077_iOS.jpg

I since got the boat on the water and everything checked out. Can’t really test it on the trailer without the jet pump under load. In the water it worked great.

Anyway last season I did the same ans you and upgraded the intercooler to the SVHO version, the SHO is a joke. Definitely helped with heat soak, haven’t had an issue since.

I know they make two slightly different versions of the SVHO intercooler, as indicated in this thread: https://jetboaters.net/threads/how-to-video-swap-your-sho-intercooler-to-svho.11421/

I believe the difference was on the throttle side tho, not the supercharger side so I would expect either should be equivalent for your new kit. Hopefully you’re able to get it sorted. Might just need use more force to contort the Riva silicon tube to where you need it. As for your BOV, you might need to go with a different one or change to a cold air intake. I was told your BOV style will not clear the stock air box. My Turbosmart BOV has plenty of clearance from the air box but it’s the pcv tube is right there as as it goes into the intake. My info is from research on the web, not first hand knowledge so maybe I’m mistaken.

Hope this helps!

1686094661753.jpeg

Actually I just noticed your intercooler has a plastic intake. I assume it’s from a newer model Yamaha? If so that could be your problem. Just check to see if the part number matches one of the two listed in the post I referenced above.

@BGerbz did you get your BOV installed? How is the performance?

Back