• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Insurance hunt

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Included as a rider Its posted on the bimini thread. I’ll copy it here in the morning
No need my friend is a state farm agent I will let him know that needs to be included thanks!

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
No need my friend is a state farm agent I will let him know that needs to be included thanks!
Fwiw. My waverunner is insured on my homeowners policy. Some agencies i spoke with way back classified the jetboat as a PWC and i saw rates like what is mentioned here. A PWC with 320 horse!!! Zoinks! I believe progressive was one of those. States can vary as well

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Thanks @justason and @bronze_10 for making me really look in to this Allstate was raking me the quote I got from State Farm was literally half of what I have been paying Allstate and the coverage I asked for with State Farm was higher then what I currently have with Allstate I'm switching today.
man, if this doesn't scream complimentary Bimini infinity pool rum drink I don't know what does......... I think I spelt drink wrong...doesn't it have an S on the end of it? ....lemme check...

glad it worked out !! i recall a trying time when i was looking for an acceptable rate and solution for these boats/Bimini....

Last edited:

JetBoatPenguin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Getting quotes today . . . State Farm also said they have a Uninsured/Underinsured available on the policy as well - to cover off your "friends" driving the boat too +$50, discount for courses. I did a "it sort of looks like this plot" of the State Farm window and it looks like the pic attached.
Upper Left - Jupiter Island FL
Upper Rt - in the ocean east
Lower Rt - Long Island, Bahamas
Lower Left - Sagua La Grande Cuba

Bimini in the Red Circle area.

JB_Bimini_StateFarm_01292019.PNG

Brandon_SC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It is insurance renewal time for us. :) We are leaving Progressive and had Geico, State Farm, ski safe and BIA give us quotes. We ended up with Chubb through National Boat Owners Association. A lot better coverage in comparison and our premium dropped to $297. 24k agreed value 300k liability. Thanks for this thread guys!

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It is insurance renewal time for us. :) We are leaving Progressive and had Geico, State Farm, ski safe and BIA give us quotes. We ended up with Chubb through National Boat Owners Association. A lot better coverage in comparison and our premium dropped to $297. 24k agreed value 300k liability. Thanks for this thread guys!
We've been very happy with Chubb for 3 years we've used them.

amccoy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I got a quote from Progressive that said they offer a coastal navigation endorsement that covers the commonwealth of the Bahamas "no further north than 27 degrees 30 minutes north and no further east than 75 degrees 30 minutes west and no further south than 24 degrees north". Up to 125 nautical miles.

Last edited: