• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Interesting Article on Boat Sales

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes, it is true; we do rock. :)

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Just got an update from a Yamaha rep today regarding remaining 2020 deliveries. There are roughly 120+, 2020 boats that have been put together but are missing various parts as suppliers fell through on getting them to Yamaha last week. They do have limited stock of these parts so chances are they will ship out what they can starting next week and then proceed with the rest as they receive the missing parts.

How this correlates to 2021 production, I'm not sure.
Yeah there’s no way that can be good for 2021 models. Strange the “special early release” when they can’t even finish off 2020 boats. Maybe they have ETA’s on everything and have it planned, but I still feel like I won’t have a boat by September and then maybe even longer.

Last edited:

NYboater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Yeah those no way that can be good for 2021 models. Strange the “special early release” when they can’t even finish off 2020 boats. Maybe they have ETA’s on everything and have it planned, but I still feel like I won’t have a boat by September and then maybe even longer.
You know, the way they worded it almost sounds like they had 2021 production underway and are just tying up loose ends on 2020's. I'm sure it's a mess dealing with orders for 2020 boats that were sold before they were even built after planning to switch to 2021 production once they reopened.

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
You know, the way they worded it almost sounds like they had 2021 production underway and are just tying up loose ends on 2020's. I'm sure it's a mess dealing with orders for 2020 boats that were sold before they were even built after planning to switch to 2021 production once they reopened.
Yeah, must be quite the cluster. Makes me worry about the quality of the AR I will end up with.

Wisewaves

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Family and I are considering backing out of the AR240 we put a deposit on. We are 3 weeks past delivery date with no info. I past up on two 240 from other dealers while the dealer told me it’s coming. We are paying MSRP so it’s not like we got a deal. If the dealer tells me to be patient one more time I’m out.

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I spoke with a sales guy a big dealer in suburban Milwaukee today and he says they will have some 2021's arriving in August. I would be shocked if this were the case based on how many people are still waiting for boats they ordered in spring.

Daddy Fat Sacs

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
So update on my side, spoke to dealer today and he advised still no update on any kind and that the factory cutoff date was last Friday 6/26. Meaning the factory was to cease making 2020’s, clean up shop and then start on the 21’s. How true this is, no clue anymore, other than now I feel there could be a greater chance that my boat won’t get manufactured and instead they could possibly work on pricing for a 21’. How much is a gimmick or actually true is up to you as I take everything I hear about these boats with a grain of salt. I would be shocked if Yamaha actually got any 21’s out on time this year.

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
So update on my side, spoke to dealer today and he advised still no update on any kind and that the factory cutoff date was last Friday 6/26. Meaning the factory was to cease making 2020’s, clean up shop and then start on the 21’s. How true this is, no clue anymore, other than now I feel there could be a greater chance that my boat won’t get manufactured and instead they could possibly work on pricing for a 21’. How much is a gimmick or actually true is up to you as I take everything I hear about these boats with a grain of salt. I would be shocked if Yamaha actually got any 21’s out on time this year.
I hear some 2021 19’ and 21’ boats will ship in August. I would say if someone had a 2020 on order and it gets “cancelled/not made”, the dealer should honor the ‘20 price on the same ‘21 model.

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Thank you for the update. I appreciate all the updated info, even if it’s from dealers who can be full of cra$. Your info all sounds about right from all I’ve heard. If for some reason your boat doesn’t get manufactured, your dealer should honor the ‘20 price on a ‘21. I’d think you’d see something by September, worst case scenario. Then again, wth do I know?

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I spoke with a sales guy a big dealer in suburban Milwaukee today and he says they will have some 2021's arriving in August. I would be shocked if this were the case based on how many people are still waiting for boats they ordered in spring.
Thank you so much for the update. It sounds like people are waiting for some 2020’s built just waiting for a few parts. I was told they are taking a “special early release” order for 19’ and 21’ 2021 models. Those are probably the “2021’s arriving in August”. I think in these weird times both can actually be true. We shall see.

EricE

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Our 212s arrived at the dealer on Friday. We are slated to pick it up this Friday, so at least there is still some chance that a few more 2020 get finished up. Our dealer didn't seem very happy with how slow Yamaha has been at finishing up the 2020s.

Daddy Fat Sacs

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thank you for the update. I appreciate all the updated info, even if it’s from dealers who can be full of cra$. Your info all sounds about right from all I’ve heard. If for some reason your boat doesn’t get manufactured, your dealer should honor the ‘20 price on a ‘21. I’d think you’d see something by September, worst case scenario. Then again, wth do I know?
Easier said than done especially when no one knows the price on 21’s. With the ever increasing price year after year who knows what increase they may have. The other side is I’m not willing to wait another3-5 months for the boat.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
The past 2 years they‘ve gone up about 4% per year (for the ones I checked on) so most likely 4% increase.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
August!? Just in time for winter to start in WI. That SUCKS!

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Heard something that the 24's may be changing a bit for 2021 which - I think - has been mentioned here.

Wisewaves

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Happy 4th everyone! Going on 1 month after scheduled delivery date of our boat, 8 weeks since deposits. Anyone hear any news if their boats are actually coming. Talking to the dealer is a joke. All I hear is “be patient “. Waiting on a AR 240. It’s a cash deal so anyone with a low time 19-20 shoot me a message. Done waiting. I’m in north Florida.

Last edited:

EricE

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Happy 4th everyone! Going on 1 month after scheduled delivery date of our boat, 8 weeks since deposits. Anyone hear any news if their boats are actually coming. Talking to the dealer is a joke. All I hear is “be patient “. Waiting on a AR 240. It’s a cash deal so anyone with a low time 19-20 shoot me a message. Done waiting. I’m in north Florida.
We are picking our boat up today, just about a month after our original delivery date. (Ordered in late Feb) so boats are coming, albeit slowly. Hang in there!

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
We are picking our boat up today, just about a month after our original delivery date. (Ordered in late Feb) so boats are coming, albeit slowly. Hang in there!
Congrats bro!! Enjoy your weekend!