• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Intro: First boat shopping. Been dreaming of a Yamaha for years. Buyer's guide?

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's funny you mentioned leaving the "Car Guy" hobby behind...I had S10 on Nitrous and the SYTY guys near me would let me hang out with them...I got married and sold the truck....I figured getting a boat would be a nice replacement hobby and the whole family can come along, that's how I sold it to my wife anyways....so far it's been pretty good (2 weeks since we had the boat)
Same thing here. Wife and I bought our first boat on 2007. We didn't marry until 2009. It's a strong mutual interest and an excellent family activity.

I miss the "Car Guy" stuff from time to time, but it's rare. Been eyeballing drop kits for my Sierra, as well as performance tunes, and have been slowly debadging it. Just don't have the time or motivation to chase that hobby like I used to.

hatrik8

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
I think a 210 would be the sweet spot for my needs. 19 a little too small and 23 a little too big.
How does the 230 compare to the 210 in regards to towing? I think I found specs saying it is about 400lbs heavier.
My trailblazer has a 6000+ tow rating and I towed a 30' camper without issues in the past.

My wife wants me to consider a new boat now lol, but I have a hard time bringing myself to finance a new one. I've been searching a bit on the forum and reading about the best offers to get from a dealer, but it looks like the current offer expires today of 3.99%. Not to mention, nobody has any boats in stock... When would be the best time to look for a dealer finance offer? End of season? Boat show? (usually in the late winter here in CT)