• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

is it possible to convert snap in sea mat to glue down (like seadeck)?

nick731

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
hey guys, if we had the snap in marine mat but wanted it fixed with zero snaps is there a way to simply glue them down similar to how the sea deck works?

Thanks! Nick

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I’m sure it’s possible but I would be worried about getting all gross underneath it

Noko

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
And removal if you want to replace it could be a PITA.

nick731

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
ok thanks guys, i guess i was thinking it would be the same as the sea deck matting where as nothing would be able to get under it and it wouldn't be removed. ('permanent' install)

atldude

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
There will always be space left unless it’s the surface you are considering is perfectly flat. So water and small stuff can get in, get trapped, and stink up eventually.

ok thanks guys, i guess i was thinking it would be the same as the sea deck matting where as nothing would be able to get under it and it wouldn't be removed. ('permanent' install)

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The carpeting, alone, absorbs water and needs to be dried out to prevent mildew. Why not bite the bullet and install the SeaDek. You'll be much happier. Christmas is coming.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Marine mat isn't carpet it is like seadeck. I think the problem would be getting it to bond to the back side of the marine mat and then sticking to the floor.

nick731

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
thanks for the suggestions guys. I think i would be going seadeck and jetboatpilot, except i really like the OEM graphics etc of the Scarab offering. :cool: