• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Is it tough to get a boat in Canada?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was surfing looking for articles on steering cables and came across this add just posted. Looks like it is in Elbow, Saskatchewan Canada. They listed it for $90,000 which if I run the exchange rate works out to be $73,000 usd. If that is correct, it is time to pack up our boats and sell them in the North :) I will throw in delivery, and gas for the summer! It comes with an excursion to learn how to captain the boat.

2018 Yamaha 210 FSH Sport | Powerboats & Motorboats | Regina | Kijiji

Last edited:

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I'd hate to sell my boat, but for 200k, I can hang by the pool all summer lol.

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
lol Canadian here. Yes, sadly boats are imported from the USA for us. There are a LOT of extra costs up here for almost everything that is imported (which is like everything lol).

We have a lot of natural resources... but very little manufacturing capabilities as a country. It's a problem. Watching you guys buy boats for a fraction of the costs is torturous. Jumping across the border to buy big ticket items is done, but rarely worthwhile after all the surcharges to import, taxes, etc.

But hey, we have universal health care coverage. Yay? ;)

Chillypilot

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The market is crazy here, I purchased my 2009 SX230 In 2013 for $25000, I could sell today for $40000. Very few boats for sale and way overpriced IMHO.

Jippy66

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Hey HangOutdoors, just over the border from you near London, Ontario and there isn't much to be sold. Looked at a few 25' Yamahas from two dealers a few months back, but didn't want to pull the trigger. Now there's nothing left in the whole province of new stock. Prices were 1.65-1.83 times more than your US prices. With the exchange, taxes, etc, it's quite a hike in cost for a 4 months a year toy. Sad to say I may be waiting a few more years till the used market heats up with COVID hopefully ending.

Some used ones for sale, but like everyone has stated, they're going for more than is sane IMO.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Canadian dealers have another issue...to help keep costs down, they try to get as many orders/down payments as possible in Jan-Feb during the boat shows and import a bunch of boats buyers want all at once as they pay a single flat import fee through Yamaha. If you want a boat outside of that import period, you pay extra.

So yes just like housing, boat prices are out of control here due to high artificial inflation from the Bank of Canada printing money to cover the unnecessary debt from unneeded covid payments since the workforce should never have been at home with a 99.4% survival rate.
Ain't money, manufacturing, and financing stats fun?
:rolleyes: