• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Is renaming my boat going to make me sink (name suggestions)

Going through a separation and I want to rename the boat. I've always hated the name (Liquid Asset), ex-wife picked it out she's in the mortgage business. Is it bad luck to do so or do I say F*** it and just do it?
I agree - just do it - libertas (liberty). And as the others said, make it a ceremony and the superstitions are nullified. Many people rename boats when they meet a significant other, so the opposite is perfectly valid too.

Make it something personal to you or those you care about. And to hell with any nay-Sayers. It's your boat right?
:D

Oh, by suggesting names I did not mean to imply that you should not have the ceremony. You should definitely have the ceremony. I believe that there are those here who have and can give you great detail on how to do it properly... @zipper, you fall into that category, do you knot?
Renaming ceremonies are fun. Do it right, Poseidon likes the good stuff and don't skimp on his ration. @Betik gave me some good info with mine on the Beneteau. https://jetboaters.net/threads/we-h...-our-boating-options.15561/page-6#post-326361

Thanks for all the input fellas. I will definitely be holding a ceremony and try to get Poseidon in a good mood!
Now let the boat names begin. Im a construction project manager and have a good sense of humor so really anything can fly.

Thanks for all the input fellas. I will definitely be holding a ceremony and try to get Poseidon in a good mood!
Now let the boat names begin. Im a construction project manager and have a good sense of humor so really anything can fly.
Misplaced Footing

Change Order (also a PM, retired)

Curing Agent
Chalk Line
Circuit Breaker
Condensation Point
Conforming Use

Missed Call
Time & Materials
Need it Yesterday
Call it Good
Gantt Chart
Milestone

Oh, construction manager... then, I amend my suggestions:

Lien To
Construction Broker (again, say it...)
Stud Muffin
Nailed It

The Codfather
You can tell everyone you made the seller a deal he couldn't refuse :cool:

..consider just removing the graphic and not naming the boat. I could never decide on a good name (and believe me all of them have been taken) and after my divorce (I got the boot and the boat) I made a decision not to name her. Boat names are like the personalized tattoos I got in boot camp, usually a good decision at the time but life changes and clever and cute often have a duration.

names:

irreconcilable difference
equitable distribution

lol

all things Ive heard from divorced friends.

..consider just removing the graphic and not naming the boat. I could never decide on a good name (and believe me all of them have been taken) and after my divorce (I got the boot and the boat) I made a decision not to name her. Boat names are like the personalized tattoos I got in boot camp, usually a good decision at the time but life changes and clever and cute often have a duration.

'The Boot And The Boat' would be a great name for the right situation!

Back