• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

It fits - don't bitch about it

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
It seems to me in the event of hitting something with the fins I’d rather have them solidly bolted on. Wouldn’t it be better to have them bend vs flopping around and doing more damage to other stuff?

Or am I missing something?
You are probably right. Too bad this wasn't the simple reply and we could go on with our lives. I thought we were just shooting the breeze and all of a sudden people's credibility, loyalty, and friendships are on the line. Feel like I slid into a bad episode of a teenage soap opera. LOL

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
You are probably right. Too bad this wasn't the simple reply and we could go on with our lives. I thought we were just shooting the breeze and all of a sudden people's credibility, loyalty, and friendships are on the line. Feel like I slid into a bad episode of a teenage soap opera. LOL
That's because the new people on the board don't realize this discussion has been going on since the beginning of time. :D

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Shit-Hits-the-Fan_cartoon.jpg

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
As a finless guys the steering related threads always remind me of this....

It quickly dissolves into personal bashing, tongue lashings and now the latest trend....safety lessons (of all things hypocritical :rolleyes:). When that happens I feel like doing this...

Or this....

Ultimately end up like this....

When in reality some people just need to step back from the computer and ....

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I would also like to point out that some of the language being used on this thread is inexcusable even if you lack the vocabulary to express your self in a more appropriate manner perhaps you could ask for some assistance. It's really uncalled for and I am very disappointed that @swatski also repeated it.
So thank you in advance for not stooping to that level as it shines a bad light on the web page itself. I hate to see talents going to waste and I hear that someone else is experiencing some real issues with one of their reverse products so perhaps I can convince you to focus your efforts in that direction and make a needed contribution to the boating world. It's just a thought.

Zonie

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
To quote Ron Burgundy, "Boy, that escalated quickly. I mean, that really got out of hand fast!"

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Just gonna put this... little nylon... bolt.... right here.... and see.....

:D:D:D:D

DeadlyFrog

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think its time for the forum administration to move all vendors to their own section. Its a shame one arrogant ass has to ruin it. I think Will is a pretty good guy, but it is what it is.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I would also like to point out that some of the language being used on this thread is inexcusable even if you lack the vocabulary to express your self in a more appropriate manner perhaps you could ask for some assistance. It's really uncalled for and I am very disappointed that @swatski also repeated it.
Umm, the most offensive language in this thread has come out of your fingers.

So thank you in advance for not stooping to that level as it shines a bad light on the web page itself. I hate to see talents going to waste and I hear that someone else is experiencing some real issues with one of their reverse products so perhaps I can convince you to focus your efforts in that direction and make a needed contribution to the boating world. It's just a thought.
Deflect much?

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Now @swatski got spanked, who's up next. LOL I'm new around here but now I see why @octavio3311 grabbed the popcorn. :wideyed:
I’ve seen this 1 too many times with this dude.

I refrain from saying anything when it comes to these topics - actually - I’ve refrained a lot lately.

But I will say this - this is the 1 reason I buy my crap from Will.
Nuff said!

Last edited:

SamCF

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
This was troll bait from the first post. He took the bait as expected. Maybe this needs to be shut down before someone's feelings get hurt.

I really dislike this guys style. His products are top notch, but his people skills need work.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have been away way too long on the motorcycle forums thank god since i can't take the boat out but have been riding the bike daily. This is awesome fun! Let's keep the respect for our founding fathers like @swatski , @Cobra Jet Steering LLC , and others that have been integral to this board. I have to say that the title of this post had me startled regardless of whether there is some sound advice around nylon, rubbers, or other. God speed

Foobar

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Fished all day. Lateral thrusters worked with the Manum AK's with no problem. I made sure to put some heavy stress on the Cobras with high speed turns and such with about 4 hours of run time. Boat turned about the same without the mega fangs. The nylon bolt survived, so the bolt will not need a Go Fund Me drive or anything. I will be pulling them off later. I will examine the bolts for stress or wear then. They looked fine from a quick look.

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Gotta love when Keyboard cowboys poke the bear in the cage then wondering why he acted that way.

druppert

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
In retrospect painting “Cock & Balls” on the side of your boat would have been less controversial

props2you

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
In retrospect painting “Cock & Balls” on the side of your boat would have been less controversial
Probably more entertaining too! Then the debate about size, colors, accuracy would have ensued...

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I also replaced the stainless bolt with a nylon to act as a breakaway in the event I hit something. I will let everyone know if it holds under stress. Again, I don't need to be berated and called stupid. If I want to paint cock and balls eating a Happy Meal on the side of my boat, that is exactly what I will do. It's my boat.
For posterity’s sake and all.

https://jetboaters.net/threads/nylon-bolts-bad.16931/

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Wow, 3 pages going on 4. I just want to know if my current fins and fangs set up will work with LTEs. If I ever buy LTEs I probably wouldn’t tell anyone, just don’t need to get in arguements on the internet. There is no point to it, it’s not like a lawsuit where there is a chance of being awarded some money. Just bragging rights or the ability to say I told you so. Life is to short for that S..t and my ignore button works just fine.

Foobar

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Wow, 3 pages going on 4. I just want to know if my current fins and fangs set up will work with LTEs. If I ever buy LTEs I probably wouldn’t tell anyone, just don’t need to get in arguements on the internet. There is no point to it, it’s not like a lawsuit where there is a chance of being awarded some money. Just bragging rights or the ability to say I told you so. Life is to short for that S..t and my ignore button works just fine.
It works without the fangs.