• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

It's confirmed - no more 24'

ken4motion

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Hubby and I got to walk around on the 255XD today. Beautiful. It's a prototype being hauled around to show people. We also saw a '21 AR195 on the lot which definitely had the Bimini on the top. I can confirm that the seats for the AR250 will not adjust like the 255 but the bonus for the AR is that there is a lot more storage. Much of the storage on the 255XD is used for wake balasts (hopefully, that's the right term). It's almost exclusively a wave boarder/surf boat. If wake surfing is something you're really interested in though, the kit for the AR240 will fit the AR250 so it's an option you can add on. The guy showing us the boat said, for the money, the AR250 is really the better deal because you can add on what you want and still pay a lot less than the 255XD. The driver's seat on the AR250 will move back and forward like the 255, so hopefully this means the table placement is not an issue. He said with the 6 inches longer and keeping the same width as the 24' boat, it's more stable on the front when the boat leaves the water. I'm excited. Our boat will be here next month!
I'm curious if you noticed any change in size to the head area as compared to 242???

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am in. :thumbsup:

Enduro900

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
You should call your dealer....they should be able to call their Yamaha rep to see when the 255 proto’s are being shown in Michigan......although if he isn’t on the dealer visit list he may not tell you.......I’m interested to know if the head is larger on the 255’s too :winkingthumbsup"

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
well the head would be the same on all the 25' footers I would assume. I will send him an email right now and see what he says or if he knows anything. He will get back with me usually in a day.

Enduro900

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
well the head would be the same on all the 25' footers I would assume. I will send him an email right now and see what he says or if he knows anything. He will get back with me usually in a day.
Haha I have a 3 hour rule.....I’ll drive up to 3 hours to go see one.....I meant I am hoping with the 4 inch higher freeboard on the 25’ that maybe the head is taller too????

I would assume they were planning to be at the September Outdoor show in Harrison TWP....since that has been cancelled maybe they will make some Michigan dealers......

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If anyone else gets to see the demo or a 25' footer, whip out the phone that everyone has on them and take some pictures and some close ups of the cockpit, head, tower, rear seating, dash, compartments and anything else you can think of so we have something to look at rather than just the promo stuff they have on their website.

That would be awesome.

haolegirl70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Any idea where the list of tour stops can be found for the prototype? What did you think of the little galley fold-out table design behind the driver? What about the transom seating area and walk through design? I have a million questions but I'll stop at three (for now)!!! Thanks!
I liked the fold out table personally. The driver's seat swings around so it can face that table which I guess is a new feature. The walk through design is pretty great, you don't have to walk over or step onto the seats. The transom seating area is very spacious and the ability to move the seats back and forth in order to make the lounger forward or rear facing is a nice upgrade. The seating had a green trim which made for a nice touch. I can't speak to previous designs as we've never owned a boat before but it seemed quite spacious. I was impressed. I should have taken pictures but, since you can see the walk through online, it didn't really occur to me. I don't know if the 255XD comes with a Bimini but I didn't see one. I think you're going to like it once you get a chance to see it. Seemed very sporty but luxurious at the same time.

haolegirl70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm curious if you noticed any change in size to the head area as compared to 242???
I wouldn't know. I've never seen the the head area on any of the other boats.

haolegirl70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You should call your dealer....they should be able to call their Yamaha rep to see when the 255 proto’s are being shown in Michigan......although if he isn’t on the dealer visit list he may not tell you.......I’m interested to know if the head is larger on the 255’s too :winkingthumbsup"
They had the head area filled with a table and the bar to put the table on so was hard to tell its true size. Seemed nice sized to me but I don't really know as I haven't really viewed too many head areas on other Yamahas. I thought, though, that the 255XD had the swim up seats but it does not.

Enduro900

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
They had the head area filled with a table and the bar to put the table on so was hard to tell its true size. Seemed nice sized to me but I don't really know as I haven't really viewed too many head areas on other Yamahas. I thought, though, that the 255XD had the swim up seats but it does not.
The 252’s (S, SE and SD) have the swim up seats.

The 255XE and 255XD have a new push-button wakebooster that isn’t compatible with the swim up seats (from what i can tell anyway)

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I liked the fold out table personally. The driver's seat swings around so it can face that table which I guess is a new feature. The walk through design is pretty great, you don't have to walk over or step onto the seats. The transom seating area is very spacious and the ability to move the seats back and forth in order to make the lounger forward or rear facing is a nice upgrade. The seating had a green trim which made for a nice touch. I can't speak to previous designs as we've never owned a boat before but it seemed quite spacious. I was impressed. I should have taken pictures but, since you can see the walk through online, it didn't really occur to me. I don't know if the 255XD comes with a Bimini but I didn't see one. I think you're going to like it once you get a chance to see it. Seemed very sporty but luxurious at the same time.
Thanks! I have a deposit on a 252SE and I'd love to see one in person soon. From the pictures and video I wasn't quite sure about the galley table design or the transom area, but I was hoping they'd be pretty nice in person!

scbruet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I'm in Charlotte and my dealer is having a Yamaha event on 9/8 that I will go to and try and get some pics. I guess it's part of Yamaha's 2021 watercraft product tour, but doesn't state which boats will be there. I'm hoping at least 1 25' will be there to walk through and check out. I have an order in currently for a 252SE.....hopefully I get it this year haha.

jim1

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I'm in Charlotte and my dealer is having a Yamaha event on 9/8 that I will go to and try and get some pics. I guess it's part of Yamaha's 2021 watercraft product tour, but doesn't state which boats will be there. I'm hoping at least 1 25' will be there to walk through and check out. I have an order in currently for a 252SE.....hopefully I get it this year haha.
You’re going from a 2020 242SE to a 2021 252SE?

scbruet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
You’re going from a 2020 242SE to a 2021 252SE?
No, I had a deposit down for a 242SE in early June and they never showed, so I just rolled it over to 252SE. I had to put a model in my profile to sign up haha. This will be my first boat! Thanks to everybody on this forum for sharing their wisdom / experiences. Incredibly helpful information.

jim1

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
No, I had a deposit down for a 242SE in early June and they never showed, so I just rolled it over to 252SE. I had to put a model in my profile to sign up haha. This will be my first boat! Thanks to everybody on this forum for sharing their wisdom / experiences. Incredibly helpful information.
Awesome...congrats!

Cyclonegrey

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If anyone else gets to see the demo or a 25' footer, whip out the phone that everyone has on them and take some pictures and some close ups of the cockpit, head, tower, rear seating, dash, compartments and anything else you can think of so we have something to look at rather than just the promo stuff they have on their website.

That would be awesome.
Highway Marine in Quakertown PA is having the "Tour" stop there on September 29th. I'm going if I don't see them at the NJ Shore boat show the 25th-27th.

I'll take pics.

YamPat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
#1. Does Anyone know : The hull of the new 25th is 4 inch taller but is the hull is more "deep-V" type to cut the waves ?
I have a 2010 AR240, i last year i tried a 242 and is seems that it ride better.

#2. Weight difference … it seems to be a lot just for 6inch extra ? +/-
2021 AR250 (4 034 lb)
2020 AR240 (3 660 lb)