• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

It's confirmed - no more 24'

Canuckjetboater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Just saw the video of the 2021 Yamaha 255XD with 2X SVHO engines by Boating magazine's Captain Randy Vance .....500HP ....54 MPH......another awesome Yamaha!

Enduro900

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
But clearly you can see that it is stationary. Look as the backrest is below the cushion hight. No way it can move.
View attachment 130238
And some 25fters state 70 gallon fuel tanks, and some state 75 gallon fuel tanks......knowing the cost for tooling plastic gas tanks and the EPA steps to get them approved there is zero chance they are using two different size tanks on these boats......So I just think there is a ton of mistakes in all this information which is disappointing......

I can’t tell you for sure whether the real/delivered AR250’s will have moveable rear seats or not.....but I can tell you from the pics that they dont move the same way the 252’s move......and based on the AR250 price compared to the next step up (252S at $14k more) I am going to state I believe the AR seats are fixed and if someone wants the movable they need to consider the S model....

Enduro900

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I’m not sure why you guys are relying solely on pictures. They also don’t show a Bimini but it comes with one.
What should we be relying on then? The written specs? The same specs that say the AR250 has a 75 gallon fuel tank, while the other (6) models have a 70 gallon fuel tank?

Or the written specs that state the dry weight and trailer weights are exactly the same?? I know aluminum trailers can be light, but I never knew they could weigh zero.

There seems to be a whole lot of mistakes both in picture and written form, which is very disappointing....It leads me to believe the people involved in putting the specs and website together know nothing about boating.....which is also disappointing.....

I did finally solve one thing that is confusing me when looking at the different model specs:

“Drive Control” is referring to the throttle-by-wire from the 242SE and 242X

“DRiVE” is the new EPS/Paddle controls while docking.....

Which amounts to some terrible marketing..........

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I think the only safe bet at this point is not to trust anything Yamaha has on their website, in regards to features.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
This is not uncommon for the fall new release to have discrepancies in their literature online. Sad to say, they rush to market for the dealer show and release, and they happen. I'm sure they will have it mostly hammered out by boat show season. But for those wanting to order, I can see how it is very frustrating.

For those curious about drive, you may want to look at the videos from when the 275 was released. This is more of a convenient throttle control from the wheel than power steering. I'm not sure who threw that into the mix, but I have not seen Power steering listed anywhere. It is a combination of the drive by wire technology, and paddle throttles that allows the boat to use forward and reverse without taking your hands off the wheel.

And just like many have mentioned, it can be learned either way. And your habits will change when not reaching for the stick. But you now have a choice. And many that get really good at using reverse as much or more than forward in "bursts" will love the ability to burst the throttle either way with their finger tips. Those that have mastered bursts with the levers, will love Drive. These boat handle best in tight situations with just bursts of thrust to bump them in either direction.

Enduro900

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
This is not uncommon for the fall new release to have discrepancies in their literature online. Sad to say, they rush to market for the dealer show and release, and they happen. I'm sure they will have it mostly hammered out by boat show season. But for those wanting to order, I can see how it is very frustrating.

For those curious about drive, you may want to look at the videos from when the 275 was released. This is more of a convenient throttle control from the wheel than power steering. I'm not sure who threw that into the mix, but I have not seen Power steering listed anywhere. It is a combination of the drive by wire technology, and paddle throttles that allows the boat to use forward and reverse without taking your hands off the wheel.

And just like many have mentioned, it can be learned either way. And your habits will change when not reaching for the stick. But you now have a choice. And many that get really good at using reverse as much or more than forward in "bursts" will love the ability to burst the throttle either way with their finger tips. Those that have mastered bursts with the levers, will love Drive. These boat handle best in tight situations with just bursts of thrust to bump them in either direction.
I watched the video of the 275 which was pretty good. The steering ratio changes in DRiVE mode, so the only way to do that is to also have electronically controlled steering (steer-by-wire).

Someone also posted on models with DRiVE have EPS listed as well....though I can’t find it and as you stated there are issues with the specs at this time anyway....

I would also argue these new designs have been in the works for a while, and the final specs were not finalized the day before the reveal, so I don’t think there is any excuse for this many errors.....not to mention just the lack of information:

Click on “explore” and there really isn’t much said other than some pictures and very brief discription....

Click on “Build” and you get to pick color and then life jackets and ropes.......

Even in the “Wake Section” You can’t tell if all the models actually have the ballast and push-button wake booster or not......and why do we have to guess whether or not the rear stern seats slide on the SX240/AR240???? That stuff should be clear in the model descriptions.....and look at the pictures included in the SX240.....One shows it with a wake tower??? Is that even an option for dealer install?? At the very least it should say in small print “option equipment shown”....marketing 101

ourlee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
Jim at Patsys Marina just confirmed after speaking with Yamaha what we already knew, AR250 seats are FIXED.

After getting over my initial butt hurt, I’m getting back on board with a blue AR250. I’m going to wait thru fall to keep an eye on used boats and try to sit on one before I buy.

Last edited:

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I watched the video of the 275 which was pretty good. The steering ratio changes in DRiVE mode, so the only way to do that is to also have electronically controlled steering (steer-by-wire).

Someone also posted on models with DRiVE have EPS listed as well....though I can’t find it and as you stated there are issues with the specs at this time anyway....

I would also argue these new designs have been in the works for a while, and the final specs were not finalized the day before the reveal, so I don’t think there is any excuse for this many errors.....not to mention just the lack of information:

Click on “explore” and there really isn’t much said other than some pictures and very brief discription....

Click on “Build” and you get to pick color and then life jackets and ropes.......

Even in the “Wake Section” You can’t tell if all the models actually have the ballast and push-button wake booster or not......and why do we have to guess whether or not the rear stern seats slide on the SX240/AR240???? That stuff should be clear in the model descriptions.....and look at the pictures included in the SX240.....One shows it with a wake tower??? Is that even an option for dealer install?? At the very least it should say in small print “option equipment shown”....marketing 101
Totally agree. Hmm, wonder if it was planned to drive serious buying questions to the dealers. Good to hear about EPS, as I think that change in ratio would be huge. My guess is smaller wheel turns equates to great change in direction. As it's much more important at no-wake, than at running speed.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Jim at Patsys Marina just confirmed after speaking with Yamaha what we already knew, AR250 seats are FIXED.

After getting over my initial butt hurt, I’m getting back on board with a blue AR250. I’m going to wait thru fall to keep an eye on used boats and try to sit on one before I buy.
I wouldn't say we knew it 100%. Did you confirm if it comes with a bimini?

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Looks like the 25’ does have the swim up seats based on this you tube video

sfadchi

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It's checked on their spec section on the website, so yes I can confirm 100% it comes with a Bimini.

AncientCanoe

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Quick quiz, in the past 15 years, which model Yamaha didn't ship with a bimini. If you can name one, you win a cookie.
Exactly. I think they go bimini less in those promotional photos so you can see more of the boat, and it's cleaner than having it stowed up on the tower. As long as there is a sliver of sunshine out I wouldn't be on the water without it deployed.

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Looks like the 25’ does have the swim up seats based on this you tube video
According to the details on the Yamaha website using the compare feature (take this with a grain of salt, since we know not everything on there is correct), the 252S, 252SE, and 252SD all have the swim up seats. The SX250, AR250, and the Wake boats do not have the swim up seats.

Enduro900

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
According to the details on the Yamaha website using the compare feature (take this with a grain of salt, since we know not everything on there is correct), the 252S, 252SE, and 252SD all have the swim up seats. The SX250, AR250, and the Wake boats do not have the swim up seats.
This is such a great site you can find a link For just about anything......someone added them to a prior year AR240.

I think the cost was $1k or around that.......the AR250 is $60,999 and the 252S is $74,999 (I’m actually surprised they are on the S, I would have thought they reserved it for the SE and up)....I think ill still go with the AR and add them at a later date.....I am ok with the stern seats fixed.....i just wish there was a padded seat for my bum :oops:

For those ordering now, try and at least get a 20% off all accessories for X months.....the swim up seats would be a good use of such discount;)

I look at all the models, features and cost but I keep coming back to the AR.....but I’m not a fan of the graphics (especially the green). Just solved it:

0E664B4D-4007-4F2E-ABFA-0104C9FD268B.jpeg8502AD94-D616-48F3-B874-16D32F978E99.jpeg

Now the difficult issue........Black or Blue........hmmmmmmm

Last edited:

haolegirl70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hubby and I got to walk around on the 255XD today. Beautiful. It's a prototype being hauled around to show people. We also saw a '21 AR195 on the lot which definitely had the Bimini on the top. I can confirm that the seats for the AR250 will not adjust like the 255 but the bonus for the AR is that there is a lot more storage. Much of the storage on the 255XD is used for wake balasts (hopefully, that's the right term). It's almost exclusively a wake boarder/surf boat. If wake surfing is something you're really interested in though, the kit for the AR240 will fit the AR250 so it's an option you can add on. The guy showing us the boat said, for the money, the AR250 is really the better deal because you can add on what you want and still pay a lot less than the 255XD. The driver's seat on the AR250 will move back and forward like the 255, so hopefully this means the table placement is not an issue. He said with the 6 inches longer and keeping the same width as the 24' boat, it's more stable on the front when the boat leaves the water. I'm excited. Our boat will be here next month!

Last edited:

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Any idea where the list of tour stops can be found for the prototype? What did you think of the little galley fold-out table design behind the driver? What about the transom seating area and walk through design? I have a million questions but I'll stop at three (for now)!!! Thanks!

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Which dealer was this at and where?

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral