• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

It's confirmed - no more 24'

Enduro900

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
@Enduro900 If you are correct that is another epic fail, imho, on the AR250........... sigh....
Although I am disappointed the SX/AR don’t have this option, they did keep the price increase on those two to a minimum and last years didn’t have them either.....

I have decided the cost spread and option spread is too much for me to make any type of decision BEFORE a large boat show....so I will wait until things are slow enough that I can see these all in person, and frankly I want to test drive an AR, SE, and maybe even an XD before I buy, which means I will need to wait until the market goes back to normal and the dealers have some stuff in their inventory....and willing to do some sea trials and demos........

I WILL buy my second boat first, and frankly I want something I’ll keep for the next 20-30 years......(so glad I didn’t buy A 2020 240/242).

I keep going back and forth on the AR250, 252SE/SD, and even the 255’s (if I’m going to buy my last boat next, I may just swing for the fences. By next summer no more kids cars and insurance costs, they will be financially independent by then, so I can swing those monthly costs into a nice boat payment :) ).

ourlee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
For whatever reason, I think these are STUNNING. 2008-2011, $35k with 350 hours. Regal 2520.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes but will it filter down to it in a year give or take. And what will filter down to the 21' footers in the next couple years. I guess the demand for the boats, once it stabilizes, will pretty much put some direction behind it.

JohnB

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It looks they shortened the bench on the drivers side to make room for the table/storage thingy on the 255X and just left it as a blank spot on the AR. Put a table mount there instead. THe table does seem like it will be in the way if you want to be able to leave it out and still be able to drive the boat, even for just putting around slowly.

Does anyone have info on the height of the step from the swim platform to the walk through. It looks tall. Based on the pictures,it appears that the walk-through area is basically the same height as the rear seats, then you step all the way down to the swim platform. Looks a good 10-12" Seems like the rear lost storage area. May be better than the step up and over of the prior gen, but seems less than expected. Basically, they flat-topped the engine compartment and everything on top is now seats, prior gen had fiberglass structure to form the seat backs and storage compartment. Theseat backs are definitely not movable on the AR

Its nice that there are now speakers on the swim platform plus more cup holders in the bow

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It looks they shortened the bench on the drivers side to make room for the table/storage thingy on the 255X and just left it as a blank spot on the AR. Put a table mount there instead...

...Seems like the rear lost storage area...
My thoughts exactly

Mhamann75

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
After looking at the pictures on the Yamaha website I noticed a tab at the base of the back seats. I feel like maybe you pull that tab and it flattens out to a sun deck type lounge?

ourlee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
No I think its a storage Cubbie.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Lack of sliding seats puts me more towards a high end 21.... if I decide to spend the money. May just end up with a AR210 - it has the best graphics of everything IMO.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@ourlee You don't use it as much as you think you would. We do in colder weather, this spring, but during summer it wasn't used as much. I have a Thetford that I put in the Port Storage on my AR210. I pull it out when needed for them, which is now rare in middle of summer and I crafted a covering to hang over the window shield walk through and down the back so it makes a very nice private area. then I put it back in when done. Some days we don't pack it. I ask first. BTW my crew is All women and girls 6-8 of them per trip. The admiral, her kids and their friends up to 4. The Porta Potti I got fits in there and is easy to get out and put back. Same one I have seen people on Pontoons have and they just make a curtain.

The nice thing is you don't feel super confined. Also I have never had it spill or leak and cleanout is a breeze.

ourlee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
Ok let me run that by moms. “You won’t need it, promise”.

my wife traveled all over the world for work, flew, ate and housed herself 5 star the whole way. She doesn’t camp and she won’t relieve herself in party cove under a freakin tarp :) :)

but I appreciate you @HangOutdoors

Last edited:

Enduro900

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Ok let me run that by moms. “You won’t need it, promise”.

my wife traveled all over the world for work, flew, ate and housed herself 5 star the whole way. She doesn’t camp and she won’t relieve herself in party cove under a freakin tarp :) :)

but I appreciate you @HangOutdoors
I just started a new thread “How useable is the Head on a 240/242 really” for this very topic......I need to know :)

One disappointment is no electric toilet/pump out version with Yamaha (my other two considerations are Scarab and Chaparral, and both of those offer pump-out heads, with what looks like an easier access front door compared to the 250/252

ourlee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
Yeah if Son2 stays in LA, I’m buying a more comfy boat. The 250 head door doesn’t even open 90* or so it seems on the boat Vance review.
witness the Regal head, 3 stars given:

Enduro900

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Yeah if Son2 stays in LA, I’m buying a more comfy boat. The 250 head door doesn’t even open 90* or so it seems on the boat Vance review.
witness the Regal head, 3 stars given:
The head usability along with a couple of other elements (easy walk thru transom) and seating layout “feel” are reasons I will NOT Order anything without being able to see it/walk thru it.

I was hoping to attend a boat show in September but it was just cancelled....so next one will be January (if not cancelled too).

ourlee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
And according to my 4 dealers, you will NOT be on a 25' Yamaha this spring. They will be gone

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
What’s the difference in the 255XE and XD? XD is 5k more

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Enduro900 Sounds like a good plan. I will probably go the same route. Maybe even get the Admiral to walk through the 25 FSH and see if she would be interested.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
And according to my 4 dealers, you will NOT be on a 25' Yamaha this spring. They will be gone
I am sure.....:rolleyes:. heard the same tale many times on different things over the years. Sales 101. Will see how the late winter and early spring shapes up. I highly doubt that Yamaha is going to leave their dealers inventory less come March, April, May.