• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

It's confirmed - no more 24'

haolegirl70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Based on the pictures on the Flickr site, I don't think they do. I don't see a handle on the sides of the seats to move them forward or back. Yeah, that is a bummer but not worth the extra $40,000 either you'd have to pay for the 255XD. I do like that they added the walkthrough though.
I hate that there's not a walkthrough video on this one cause sometimes pics when they're not of the real thing leave small details out so I'm hoping there are handles and the seats do move. Not a deal breaker though. I zoomed in on the pics of the real boat on the water and no handles.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am disappointed in the AR250's small connext screen in the floating mount. They could of done better than that.

haolegirl70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am disappointed in the AR250's small connext screen in the floating mount. They could of done better than that.
Yeah, that is a bit disappointing but not a deal breaker for us. I'm just glad the price didn't sky rocket.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Sold my 2018 AR190 for 31k..... put 2000$ down on the AR250 they will cover price increase from the 2020 up to 2k
Wow, you made that deal with perfect timing. Who would have thought you could command that sort of price on a boat that was released at this time three years ago!! Minus tax, license fees, that boat was $30,299 MSRP fall of 2017!

ourlee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
@haolegirl70
If son 2, who wants to surf, stays in LA with his brother, we may transition to the Regal 2500. Just behold those sweet loungers!

pre 2014 with fixed rear loungers usually $40k with 350 hours
and THIS has a potty!

Last edited:

Enduro900

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
At least the screen is now in front of the driver......i really hated last years setup with the phone holder in front of the driver and the small screen offset to the right.....

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
There is no way the seats aren't sliding on every 25 footer.

haolegirl70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just can't tell. If you watch the walkthrough video on the 255XD, there are handles to slide the seats forward and back. These handles are not there on the AR250.

Enduro900

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
@haolegirl70
If son 2, who wants to surf, stays in LA with his brother, we may transition to the Regal 2500. Just behold those sweet loungers!
You should look at the Monterey M4 AND M6 as well (they have powered loungers). The only issue is we expect grandkids down the road so want something that COULD wakesurf in the future, and forward facing I/O’s jump the prices up quite a bit....

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@haolegirl70 I see it, but it could just be some pre production images. I can't see why the seats wouldn't slide on the all if in fact the model has the seats. But that is common sense, you never know.

Enduro900

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
They dont.......if there is no butt pad, there is no movement.....

You can see the track/slots for movement on the first picture (252S), and no slots on the second picture (AR250)C643878C-06E9-4106-AC2B-7AB9B309F4E4.jpegE33DF47E-7658-4A3B-AA35-147FA57AD2FC.jpeg

Last edited:

ourlee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
You should look at the Monterey M4 AND M6 as well (they have powered loungers). The only issue is we expect grandkids down the road so want something that COULD wakesurf in the future, and forward facing I/O’s jump the prices up quite a bit....
There’s a STUNNING black M4? on our lake, I chat with the capt often. It’s funny, and good I suppose, that EVERYONE loves the boat they own :)

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

msavold

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
WRT the rear loungers, from the photos on Yamahaboats.com they're on the 252 models but not on the SX/AR250s...
Bummer.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It does have a bigger gas tank and a large floating mount on the dash (which I personally think I would despise).

It just may keep me out of the 250. Very sad.