• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

It's confirmed - no more 24'

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow Decent Fuel Capacities.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Woo-hoo 111 gallon tank on 252 FSH

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Weights almost 5k dry

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Is the 212XD twin SVHO? Says normally aspirated.

sfadchi

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's a pretty immature response from them. Professional PR would be to message you privately asking that you take it down as they made a mistake and it's not supposed to be revealed until tomorrow. In a few hours it won't matter that your video is up anymore as their HD version will obviously get the views. Publicly whining on the comments is some schoolyard shit.
Honestly had they had done that I would have pulled the video, but their comments were completely out of line. I'll leave it up until YouTube pulls it.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Lots of 21ft options now

Enduro900

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Honestly had they had done that I would have pulled the video, but their comments were completely out of line. I'll leave it up until YouTube pulls it.
I did my first YouTube comments ever....and called them out.......now I’m watching your “JL Wrangler in the swamp” video [flag]

Enduro900

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I wish they had left that versa table off the 255S to give a lux model the true U-shape seating without that versa table....but I’ll reserve judgement until I see one in person.

Also, the 255SD should have included the SVHO engines in my opinion, although the fuel economy difference is concerning.

Right now I’m leaning towards an AR250 but I’m going to hold off any order until I get to see them in person (and compare directly to the Scarab 255 in a walk-thru side by side at a show).

I am surprised the added length didn’t add to the 12 person capacity....not that I would have that many people often but when we have all family around I want to be legal....the higher the better

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Disappointing the AR250 has the floating screen with a baby screen integrated.... and also no swim seating. It says it has bimini but none of the pictures show it.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wonder if I could add the swim seating to the AR250 aftermarket.

Enduro900

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Wonder if I could add the swim seating to the AR250 aftermarket.
Someone on here has added the swim-up seat to his AR240....I think the parts were around $1k but I don’t remember exactly.

Apparently the 250 series is 6 inches longer with a 4” taller gunnel over last years model

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Boating magazine videos are live again!

jim1

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I wonder why Yamaha opted for the smaller bimini on the new SE and SD compared to the 2020? I really like having the larger bimini.

EDIT: Maybe it just looks smaller because the boat is a bit larger?

I bet that 700 extra pounds on the new SE will smooth out the ride, a bit, but I have to wonder what impact it will have on acceleration and top speed.

Last edited:

haolegirl70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If anyone knows of a link we can access that shows the AR250 in action, that would be great. Our local dealer doesn't even have the updated 25' 2021s up yet and can't find any review videos. TIA

Pickwick18

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If anyone knows of a link we can access that shows the AR250 in action, that would be great. Our local dealer doesn't even have the updated 25' 2021s up yet and can't find any review videos. TIA
YamahaWaterCraft youtube channel has all the walkthru videos of every new design feature for the Model Year 2021 models.

haolegirl70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
YamahaWaterCraft youtube channel has all the walkthru videos of every new design feature for the Model Year 2021 models.

I don't see any videos on the AR250. There's a mention of it in the 255XD video but no full walkthrough.

Last edited:

Pickwick18

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don't see any videos on the AR250
True, true......well try this link to their flicker page it should have at least good high quality pictures of the 2021 AR250

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What is going on with the AR250 cockpit table placement behind driver seat. That doesnt seem too good.