• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

It's confirmed - no more 24'

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Youtube won't pull it. They allow reposting of content. Boating magazine is the one that published it publicly and not by accident. That will be their claim to Yamaha, as it's a violation of their NDA.

That being said, this happens all the time in the powersports world. Look at the buzz it created the day before reveal. It was planned, they aren't pissed. They are playing pissed to keep Yamaha at bay.

Good on you! 4400 views as of this morning! WOO WOO
Likely Yamaha is in on it, also. Boating Magazine could easily have YouTube strike it (and they may well do so after a few hours). This is run-o'-the-mill guerilla marketing.

Edit: I will def give the Boating Mag YouTube channel official video at least a couple of watches. They created the content, so they do deserve the clicks and eyeballs.

Last edited:

Mhamann75

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
212s is a damn nice boat. I saw and walked through a 2021 a week ago. Although for my own well being I wasn't going to bring up the whole "J" seating vs chair again, since the Admiral really likes the "J" seating and I would rather it be a chair.
How does your boat do on Erie I live near there and was always afraid to go without having a 25 foot or larger boat... sold my AR190 have deposit on AR250 but may go to 212s depending on price increase

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I handle Lake Erie fine, Lake Michigan, Lake Huron and Lake St. Clair just fine (which can be the roughest with all the traffic).…………. BUT I haven't been in a storm or a quick moving high wind. I pick my days. 1-3' waves no problem. I have not felt uncomfortable, nor anyone on board has felt uneasy. Depending on speed you can get pounded a bit. But there is no question that the 25' would definitely handle the water better at least with what has been seen so far.

jim1

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Somone is not happy with me! Not long until YouTube pulls it I’m sure. Official reveal will be today so it is what it is.
View attachment 130018
Boating Mag put it in the public domain. I can understand they’re embarrassed by their screw up, but it remains their screw up. Not cool for them to lash out at you in such a way...it’s not like they got hacked.

Mhamann75

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I handle Lake Erie fine, Lake Michigan, Lake Huron and Lake St. Clair just fine (which can be the roughest with all the traffic).…………. BUT I haven't been in a storm or a quick moving high wind. I pick my days. 1-3' waves no problem. I have not felt uncomfortable, nor anyone on board has felt uneasy. Depending on speed you can get pounded a bit. But there is no question that the 25' would definitely handle the water better at least with what has been seen so far.
Being from Michigan have you been to Torch lake or Pictured rocks? Just curious the pictures look amazing

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not yet. I have driven around Torch lake and I know the area well, jut picked up the boat a few months ago. It is on our list. We are up that way Wine Tasting a lot.

brian86992

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Somone is not happy with me! Not long until YouTube pulls it I’m sure. Official reveal will be today so it is what it is.
View attachment 130018
That's a pretty immature response from them. Professional PR would be to message you privately asking that you take it down as they made a mistake and it's not supposed to be revealed until tomorrow. In a few hours it won't matter that your video is up anymore as their HD version will obviously get the views. Publicly whining on the comments is some schoolyard shit.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You never know, it may have all been planned as a lot of these things are, planned brief leaks is nothing new. And their response causes even more interest....

Enduro900

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
View attachment 130018
Boating Magazine was stupid enough to post this temporarily ON YOUTUBE PUBLICLY FOR ALL TO SEE FIRST!!!!

You didn’t “Steal” anything......Do they all want us to “un-see” in our minds what we saw from their posting yesterday????

How about THEY take responsibility for their error......

And BTW it is still up at this moment :)[flag]

BTW#2, just noticed you are in Wellington. We lived there 2001-2004 (in fact my wife taught at Wellington High School). Go Wolverines!!! Nice area and my in-laws still live there so we get down there from time to time.

JohnB

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone getting live updates from the dealer reveal?

Enduro900

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
That's a pretty immature response from them. Professional PR would be to message you privately asking that you take it down as they made a mistake and it's not supposed to be revealed until tomorrow. In a few hours it won't matter that your video is up anymore as their HD version will obviously get the views. Publicly whining on the comments is some schoolyard shit.
My sediment exactly.....that comment was uncalled for and no, he didn’t “Steal” anything you “Boater Magazine” didn’t do your job protecting Yamaha before the reveal.....HOW LAZY ARE THEY......They could have posted these in the middle of the night/or right before the reveal but no, someone decided to do it early AND have them be public for a few minutes!!!!

THEY screwed up and blew the “information embargo” and now want to blame others for THEIR mistake.....although not surprising in this day and age.....MAN I’M TRYING TO COMMENT ON YOUTUBE AND CALL THEM OUT BUT CAN’T FIGURE OUT HOW TO ADD A COMMENT!!!!!

haolegirl70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm really interested to see what the price jump is. I had a deposit on a AR240 and then starting seeing the rumors of it changing to a 25' We were already at our max budget and comfort level with size, plus I figured that the 25 would have a decent price jump (we will see). I ended up switching my order to a 212s a month ago and it arrived yesterday. We are extremely happy with the decision! Hopefully the new line up has models that suite everyone's taste
$60,999

haolegirl70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Boats are out but site is very slow. Won’t be surprised if it crashes at some point.

Enduro900

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Not yet. I have driven around Torch lake and I know the area well, jut picked up the boat a few months ago. It is on our list. We are up that way Wine Tasting a lot.
If you’ve never been on Crystal Lake (Beulah/Frankfort) that should be on the list as well. 10,000 acres of crystal-clear water (the sandbars look like the Caribbean and no rocks or weeds at all). Also it doesn't seem to get busy and we were on it the day after July 4th (and again 3 weeks later). The only negative is although near Lake Michigan it doesn’t lead out to Lake Michigan......

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
They are probably swapping everything with every dealer and sales person and all of this forum trying to access.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Was slow last year when they were updating as well

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Enduro900 Yes it is. It is on the list as well. We go through there all the time I also do salmon fishing in the rivers up there.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am in Yamaha's site it is moving pretty decent now.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I can't access it still :/