• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

It's confirmed - no more 24'

Enduro900

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I am sure.....:rolleyes:. heard the same tale many times on different things over the years. Sales 101. Will see how the late winter and early spring shapes up. I highly doubt that Yamaha is going to leave their dealers inventory less come March, April, May.
I agree......

And according to my 4 dealers, you will NOT be on a 25' Yamaha this spring. They will be gone
I will believe it when I see it (next spring)......there will be people backing out from orders, and a LOT will happen in this country that could effect the economy Between now and next spring (the election results, etc).

Count me in the camp that this year (boat sales) will not repeat itself next season......I could be wrong but I don’t think I am....as we know buyers remorse is a normal result....and with more sales there will be more buyers remorse (from people that bought this year that will sell next year, and those that ordered now and in 3-6 months when the boat comes in will back out).

With every rise there is a fall.........and i really don’t have much of a concern i rent now for the 2-3 times a summer we boat....i would do it more if i had my own but don’t NEED to buy anything until the market corrects.....Scarab has a sale going on right now (on their website) knocking around $6k off the 255 even if you custom build one.....and that might end up being my route anyway as i can get what i want without the wholesale model up-sell Yamaha is forcing me to choose......

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
.and with more sales there will be more buyers remorse (from people that bought this year that will sell next year, and those that ordered now and in 3-6 months when the boat comes in will back out).

My dealer said not to sweat the inventory, they deliver less than half of the boats to the original person who ordered. Deals fall through, financing falls through, buyers remorse, etc. Refundable deposits, go figure. Then he picks up his list and makes a couple calls and sells the boat or shines it up and it goes fairly quickly. He doesn't think I will have a problem if I am interested next spring.

Right now they and Yamaha are scraping off the gravy of boat buyers. It is like shooting fish in a barrel and we are the fish. Incentives will be back once everything stabilizes and the economy decides what it is going to do after the election and going into next year.

EDIT: I will state this, it would go very poorly for Yamaha if there was no inventory or boats moving in the spring. A lot of people I have spoken with are going to be in the market for a boat spring of next year. If there is no Yamaha inventory, then Scarab, Vortex, Bayliner, etc., and other lines will assuredly have boats and will more than happily take care of them.

If something attractive jumps up and is what we want I wouldn't have any problem jumping on it, I just don't see that happening in the immediate future. Plus I really feel I need to get into these new 25' boats and walk around one and kick the tires, to make sure it is a good fit.

Last edited:

ourlee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
My dealer said not to sweat the inventory, they deliver less than half of the boats to the original person who ordered. Deals fall through, financing falls through, buyers remorse, etc. Refundable deposits, go figure. Then he picks up his list and makes a couple calls and sells the boat or shines it up and it goes fairly quickly. He doesn't think I will have a problem if I am interested next spring.

EDIT: I will state this, it would go very poorly for Yamaha if there was no inventory or boats moving in the spring. A lot of people I have spoken with are going to be in the market for a boat spring of next year. If there is no Yamaha inventory, then Scarab, Vortex, Bayliner, etc., and other lines will assuredly have boats and will more than happily take care of them.
I too am going to chill and anticipate plenty of inventory. While I chill, I’m going to keep an eye out for end of season used boat deals, the models I’m considering:
mastercraft X-55, X-80, VLD 280
cobalt 242, 252, R5 and A28 (a beautiful reach)
regal 2500, 2520, 2700 and fasdeck 24 and 27
We could also go back to our original plan
Moms: $20k cuddly floater (all she wants to do)
Dad: $35k hard cap Tige/Enzo/Supra
If Son2 moves back, he said he’d cover the slip costs of the wake boat.
boat shopping is soooo fun. But honestly, I’m pretty burnt out with it.
Im going to Brick NJ on Wednesday to sit in the rear seats of a 255 Scarab. If they suck, I won’t be buying an AR250.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I dunno, the Scarab's have me browsing their web page and looking around. Come spring there may be something there, just maybe.

ourlee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
There is no way the seats aren't sliding on every 25 footer.
Jim of Patsys Marina is looking into this for us as we speak. He promised to get back to me with the info.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yamaha is very good about building what they know their dealers can sell in the year. Thus the dealer shows, pre-orders and good communication with the market. This is what has kept boat values up both new and used. It creates a market that their dealers have to do very little haggling, and mark downs. It minimizes carry overs, and cost of inventory is the biggest reason.

So as much as buyers don't like the idea of low inventory, it's a good business model for all those in between.

Enduro900

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I too am going to chill and anticipate plenty of inventory. While I chill, I’m going to keep an eye out for end of season used boat deals, the models I’m considering:
mastercraft X-55, X-80, VLD 280
cobalt 242, 252, R5 and A28 (a beautiful reach)
regal 2500, 2520, 2700 and fasdeck 24 and 27
We could also go back to our original plan
Moms: $20k cuddly floater (all she wants to do)
Dad: $35k hard cap Tige/Enzo/Supra
If Son2 moves back, he said he’d cover the slip costs of the wake boat.
boat shopping is soooo fun. But honestly, I’m pretty burnt out with it.
Im going to Brick NJ on Wednesday to sit in the rear seats of a 255 Scarab. If they suck, I won’t be buying an AR250.
I would add the Monterey M-4 and M-6 to your list if people in your group like riding in the bow (especially on the M-6).

I stumbled upon the M-4/M-6 and its at the top of my list if I go I/O (actually if I stay light on the options list I can custom build one with 350hp and still be in line with the 252SD pricing (and get a true head with an electric toilet and pump out).

The more and more I look at the Scarab 255 I’m intrigued so keep me posted......the 255 walk-thru transom seems to be much lower than the new 25ft Yamaha’s...and again a full head with a pump-out is an option. I also like the “less cockpit side glass” design compared to the new Yamaha seem to have a lot of side glass......though again I am reserving judgment until I walk thru both side by side (hopefully if there are boat shows ever again).

That is the problem Yamaha just opened up for me...at $83k for the 252SD there are a lot of other options in that price range, and all the others you can custom build.......

ourlee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
I’m bringing my tape measure.

Enduro900

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Jim of Patsys Marina is looking into this for us as we speak. He promised to get back to me with the info.

Its a no, the 250’s do not move. You can see the tracks on the 252’s, there is no track on the 250’s:709ADA1D-87A8-48D2-BCE6-995DFDBD1085.jpeg46B902A7-3C60-487A-A119-53DDFF3DA12E.jpeg

ourlee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
I know I was just holding out hope. This is huge bummer for me

Enduro900

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I know I was just holding out hope. This is huge bummer for me
It is starting to make sense though on their Ar250 price verses the 252S.....the 252S gets the loungers, 12” screen, seadek, swim up seats??? Probably something else too.

Then the 252SE gets larger Bimini and drive by wire....SD gets the power steering/paddle controls

DaveShip55

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’m in the same boat... pun intended!... I’ll be waiting till spring to decide.... I’m not totally sold on the new Yami’s... but seeing one in person might totally different!... we’ll see... but going to a boat show and comparing all the different brands could be fun!...
Dang!... I keep looking at the 2020 242X, now that boat I absolutely LOVE!.... especially that red one!....

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
But clearly you can see that it is stationary. Look as the backrest is below the cushion hight. No way it can move.
Screenshot_20200813-213838_Samsung Internet.jpg

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I’m not sure why you guys are relying solely on pictures. They also don’t show a Bimini but it comes with one.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Prior year sx and ar didn't show Bimini in pics on their website on previous years as well.
The ar tower is slightly different on the top and seems wider front to back overall

Inthrustwetrust

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I feel like that’s going to be a long reach down those clean out ports. That deck hatch is even with the top of the engine bay.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Isnstuff going to fall down those clean out ports and possibly unseat or jam up a plug?

Inthrustwetrust

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Isnstuff going to fall down those clean out ports and possibly unseat or jam up a plug?
I wouldn’t think so. You would have to open the hatch. I think it would be pretty hard for something to jam the newer twist plugs.
Reaching the impeller shaft with the hatch much higher than the old models might be difficult for those shorter/less nimble folks though.