• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Jack needed for 2015 242 shorelander

john94si

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Has nayone replaced the crappy stock shorelander jack from a galvanized trailer? It looks as though i must remove the entire bow post to replace it.
The plastic wheel folder over on my empty trailer. So i am looking at a whole new jack in another location now like this.
http://www.amazon.com/MaxxHaul-7014...8&qid=1464964270&sr=8-6&keywords=trailer+jack

The stock always felt flimsy and not sturdy with the boats weight on it. Any other options for me?

Attachments

• 2016-06-03 10.13.51.jpg
    2016-06-03 10.13.51.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 40
I found a direct replacement at tractor supply when mine froze. I had to remove the bow stop to assemble.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Still a little flimsy but it doesn't need to be much more than it is.

2016-06-04 13.57.40.jpg Ok i fixed just the 6" wheel for $22 and i added a secondary double wheel jack for primary and will use the stock as backup.

Last edited:
Has nayone replaced the crappy stock shorelander jack from a galvanized trailer? It looks as though i must remove the entire bow post to replace it.
The plastic wheel folder over on my empty trailer. So i am looking at a whole new jack in another location now like this.
http://www.amazon.com/MaxxHaul-7014...8&qid=1464964270&sr=8-6&keywords=trailer+jack

The stock always felt flimsy and not sturdy with the boats weight on it. Any other options for me?

Hey John
Did you ever replace your jack?
If so what steps did you take to replace?
My jack leans also!

Oh sorry I didn't read far enough. I see what you did

See my picture. I bought a second jack and installed on the opposite side.

I have a Fulton F2 trailer jack on our double axle trailer for our 21 footer. Best jack I've ever owned. Not cheap, but well worth the money. Very well made. Pic below is not from my rig.

fulton.jpg

Back